News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trolley with turnouts

Started by JLVaughn, December 22, 2011, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLVaughn

My wife has an O-scale Christmas Village.  This year, she added the Bachmann Village Street Car to her Village.  Next year, she would like to add a pair of turnouts.  The trolley will take one path away from the station and return by another path.

Can the turnouts be set and left in one position?

What turnouts are recommended for use with Bachmann's On30 Snap-Fit E-Z Track Nickel Silver?

What else is required?

Thanks

BIG BEAR

JLV,

The Village street car is an excellent addition to any Village.
   The turnouts can be left in 1 position all the time if you wish.
The problem is the turnout will need to be wired for the continuous operation of the trolley. This is very simple to do just solder or otherwise connect a wire from each rail connection contiuing through to the next rail connection for each rail. On your turnout I believe you could do this to all four rails and this should work. EZ Track N/S would be recommended use a #5 or #6 depending on the amount of radious you want coming out from main line track. Good Luck.

Enjoy,
  Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

NarrowMinded

I'm assuming you are using the auto reversing track,  this track has extra conductors under the rails that run through it, the turnouts do not have them, you will have to bridge the gap created in between the extra conductors under the rails with wires. using manual turnouts this will work fine, I just tested my trolley though a switch as you intend to use it and it pushed the points open fine and then took the diverging route back.

NM-Jeff

JLVaughn

Thanks Barry and Jeff,

Make sure the electrical connections are correct so I don't screw up the auto-reversing.  The manual switches should work like the switches I had on my HO set back in the 1970's.

Thanks again.