Bachmann ho MOW vehicles high railers for on30 kitbash

Started by LBS, December 16, 2011, 02:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBS

hi from the UK,
have any forum members use any of the four Bachmann ho MOW vehicles high railers for on30 railtrucks or railcars etc kitbash as i wish to have a go at it,
regards mike,

ebtbob

LBS,

A company named Boulder Valley Models made a conversion kit #372,  the Tin Chicken Stakebed Railtruck.   I said made because I am not sure if they are still in business.   The kit uses a Bachmann Spectrum item #16948 - Self propelled ballast vehicle with crane.
      I realize that you are in the UK,  but if you cannot come up with the two items I mention,  let me know as I have both.   I never got started on the conversion because Bachman came out with the railtruck.  If you need the kits I have we will work out a price including the s/h.  Look at my profile for email info.   
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

DWU

Ive built quite a few and they do work well,the HO gandy dancer works too! I only use the schoolbus for certain models,the drivers are larger.I cant explain how I do it,it would take days! Buy one and give it a shot!

mabloodhound

Boulder Valley is certainly still in business....http://bouldervalleymodels.com/ and the owner, Dallas, is a great guy to deal with.   Just a satisfied customer here.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

LBS

hi there,
thanking you all for your replies,i have used Dallas at BVM excellent castings,
DWU--- reference to the mow bus #46211,i believe the mow bus is two axle drive is the electric motor in the centre  of the two axle drive shafts or near to one of the axles,Bachmann do not show a diagram for the mow bus with high railers as i want to use the power chassis for two axle Mack truck,
best regards Mike,

2foot6

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE   A lot of good models can come out of kitbashing,depending on your own skills,which  get better the more you do and see.So i pose the question ,can some of you modellers post some photos of your kitbashed models,so that other modellers can get some ideas and also may get inspiration. I would like to see what a   ho   gandy dancer can be kitbashed into. :)