Repainting James' Smokebox Sides and Wheels

Started by DinoNTrains, December 16, 2011, 02:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW James

Thanks Sparks - that is great stuff.

Funny, I notice Thomas always has his lamp in the same place, Percy too, I think. I'll keep looking for James.
Rick

DinoNTrains

Yes, Sparks, that was interesting. You're practically one of the wisest people on the forum.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

SodorAdventures

Quote from: DinoNTrains on December 20, 2011, 03:00:08 AM
Yes, Sparks, that was interesting. You're practically one of the wisest people on the forum.

Just a note, wiseness has no affect on smartness. Sparks is smart, but we don't know if he is wise, even though I would imagine he may be.

That is cool, though.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: SodorAdventures on December 20, 2011, 04:12:40 PM

Just a note, wiseness has no affect on smartness. Sparks is smart, but we don't know if he is wise, even though I would imagine he may be.

That is cool, though.
Considering my own personal life, I'd say I'm not too wise. That's something that comes with age, which a lot of us have a long way to go.

SodorAdventures

Yes, but for some, not even age can change them... ;)    But yea, It is mostly made by age.

Also, any of your guys who have the Knapford station, whats your opinion.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Sparks on December 20, 2011, 04:43:35 PM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on December 20, 2011, 04:12:40 PM

That is cool, though.
Considering my own personal life, I'd say I'm not too wise. That's something that comes with age, which a lot of us have a long way to go.

Well, then, you're one of the smartest people on this forum, Sparks.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

on30gn15

I think it's that way, but don't bet your grandchildren on it, that "fitted stock" and "unfitted stock" refer to brakes - whether wagons were fitted with some kind of powered automatic brakes or not - whereas air brakes were most common type in US, a lot of UK lines used brakes worked by vacuum pressure instead of air pressure.
And where US locos had air compressors the UK locos had vacuum brake, uhh, ejectors, were they called?  

Quote from: Sparks on December 20, 2011, 12:17:45 AM
Fun fact: Regular railway practice would require lamp codes based on the train they were pulling. The TV series did this a few times, but not always.

Here we go, Google just found this
http://www.railway-technical.com/vacuum.shtml

QuoteIntroduction

The vacuum brake was, for many years, used in place of the air brake as the standard, fail-safe, train brake on railways in the UK and countries whose railway systems were based on UK practice.  Here is a simplified description of the vacuum system.

Hey, had it right!
QuoteEjectors
For some reason, exhausters are called ejectors on steam locomotives.  They are, of course, steam operated.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

Cheeky_ULP

Indeed, the Railway Series version of "Fish" focused on The Flying Kipper having vacuum brakes on its vans, and thus not needing a brake van.