News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

proto 2000 0-8-0 info

Started by Andy Fekete, July 15, 2007, 07:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Fekete

does anybody have any info on the proto 2000 0-8-0 switcher? like how it runs, sounds and pulls? im thinking of getting one for my on-the-carpet version or the CNR
all help is appreciated
tyvm! ;D (thank you very much)

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

rogertra

P2K -0-8-0 runs like a Swiss watch, at least mine does.

Creeps along the track.  I have an earlier one without tender pick-ups but I added them later.  Adding the pick-ups did improve the running somewhat as the loco now never stalls.

I don't have one of the Walthers versions and if I did, I'd get it without traction tires or at least change out the traction wheels for ones without.

SteamGene

I have three with DCC sound.  I like them.  Two are BW and the other is AW.
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Andy Fekete

i think that i will go ahead and get one... will take some modifying to look like the prototype though :-\ :-\
the good thing is they come with sound and dcc

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

Stephen Warrington

:D I have two of the 0-6-0s one by LL and one from Walthers after the takeover both  are some of best running small steam I own.

Stephen

brad

Andy, you wont be disappointed, I have 3 first run CN models and they run perfectly. I also have a P2K 2-8-8-2 that runs like a dream.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

Andy Fekete

now before i run out and get one i need to know the annswer to the big question: what's the minimum radius for the 0-8-0 (and smallest reccomended turnout). I assume that it has dcc/sound is the correct?

ps: does anybody like my new sig?

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

SteamGene

Andy:  I THINK it will work with #4 and 18".  But I'm not positive.  In any event, 22" is always better if your layout can take it.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Andy Fekete

thats good to hear as im running #5 or #6 turnouts and 33 1/4' inside oval
and 35" outside oval  im gunna buy the loco and build a yard around it.
now all that remains is converting the model into the prototype it should'nt be that hard seeing as i do have a pic of it.

just need the answer to 1 buning question: does it have dcc/sound?

ps. does anybody like my new sig?

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

Andy Fekete

i just figured out by searching the walthers website that the version with dcc/sound does not come in cnr livery therefore, i will purchase decals and slap them on the loco along with the eventuall kitbash

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal