News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

CGI Cream Tanker

Started by JLK2707, December 20, 2011, 07:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Is it true that Bachmann have modified the Cream Tanker to its CGI image?

Anthony P2

yes, its true. it can be found in the Thomas' Fun with Freight set.

JLK2707

What does the CGI Cream Tanker look like?

branmas

JLK2707

It's just such a shame that these cannot be bought by themselves!  :(

branmas

RW James

To be honest, I prefer the old style with actual words on them instead of pictures.
Rick

branmas

Actually, the old one did have the picture on it. The new one is Cream Colour, not White like the old one.

RW James

Yeah, I guess there really wasn't a first generation cream tanker - I was actually referring to the tankers like "MILK" and "OIL" which have been replaced with pictures. I guess it's good for an international audience, or an illiterate, one, or both.
Rick

PasqualeCS96

The milk one was changed to in HO? How about Sodor Fuel?

RW James

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 22, 2011, 10:14:42 AM
The milk one was changed to in HO? How about Sodor Fuel?
I keep hearing that they will, but I don't think they have yet. I was referring to the new CGI TV shows which I assume is the direction of the market as well.

Sorry if I caused any premature concern.
Rick

branmas

RW James

This is what I am concerned about - I prefer the old version that said "OIL". I guess I need to buy up a few of the old stock before they run out.

Rick

branmas

I thought you ment Cream Tanker since this is the CGI Cream Tanker.

RW James

Quote from: TrainsofSodor on December 23, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
I thought you ment Cream Tanker since this is the CGI Cream Tanker.
Okay - I am aware that the cream tanker has always had a graphic - they changed the graphic when it was changed in the CGI version. I understand. I just mentioned that I wish they weren't moving all the wagons to the CGI version - I like the old version better.

I won't be getting a Cream tanker because I really don't like it (although, I think the cream color is better than white which is used for the milk tanker) - I prefer the wagons with words on them - they seem more authentic.

I'm sorry if it bothers anyone that I hijacked this thread. I thought the conversation was about the changes to the CGI wagons. But I've seen people get slammed for starting a new thread, and I wouldn't want to go there.
Rick