News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

"Big Hauler" fireman placement

Started by herbhar, December 22, 2011, 12:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbhar

I'm having problems setting up the fireman on the 4-6-0 so that he stays upright and stable.  The instructions don't cover him.  What do I do?  Thanks for any advice

on30gn15

What worked here was to put a drop of Aleene's Tacky craft glue under each toe.
It is a thick white glue and will hold just enough, but not too much to prevent him from being removed.

Oh, first run his feet across sandpaper a few times to flatten and even them.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

smcgill

NarrowMinded

Earth Quake putty or Some of you older folks PolyGrip... <---not a joke it works!

NM-Jeff

on30gn15

Quote from: NarrowMinded on December 22, 2011, 11:29:19 PM
Earth Quake putty or Some of you older folks PolyGrip... <---not a joke it works!
Poly can mean 'many', so makes sense it'd grip many things.

Which brings to mind that there days some of the old farmers around here seem to have accidentally used the PolyGripe.
later, Forrest

herbhar

Thanks, everybody.  I thought it might come to that, but I thought that somehow I was missing some secret attachment on the tender.

on30gn15

On real engines there is a deck plate hinged to back of cab and resting on tender deck to cover gap between loco and tender - think at leas some RR's called it the 'fall plate'.
The intent is to eventually make the thing for my loco and attach fireman to plate via screw up from under the plate in to his shoe.
later, Forrest

Dave

Hang his shovel somewhere, put some Blue Tac under his feet and put his hand on the Tender Handbrake. Works for me and he hasn't fallen off yet, touch wood!

lostshoecharlie

Just got my son the Tweetsie G Scale and had the same question.  I put velcro on the deck and on his feet and works fine.  He is able to move him around this way.  Hope this helps  Charlie