News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Beginner questions

Started by Bucksco, December 23, 2011, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksco

'Tis the season and there are a lot of beginner questions popping up on the forum. All of the advice being provided by the "usual suspects"  ;) is greatly appreciated but we all need to keep in mind that everyone was once a novice and needed some "friendly" advice. To that end we ask that no matter how basic we might feel that a question is everyone needs to be friendly and keep a civil tone.
Thanks!

Doneldon

Quote from: Yardmaster on December 23, 2011, 08:20:31 PM
'Tis the season and there are a lot of beginner questions popping up on the forum. All of the advice being provided by the "usual suspects"  ;) is greatly appreciated but we all need to keep in mind that everyone was once a novice and needed some "friendly" advice. To that end we ask that no matter how basic we might feel that a question is everyone needs to be friendly and keep a civil tone.
Thanks!
^
                  ^
What he said ^.  Amen.

Jerrys HO

I agree!
QuoteWhat he said ^.  Amen.

^
                                                                                                                                    ^
                                                                                                                                    ^
Even some of us long time beginners can share what we learned from the experienced  oldtimers.^ ;D

Jerry

CNE Runner

One of the defining attributes of this forum is the willingness of its members to come to the aid of others. Generally this is accomplished in a friendly, informed manner - which occasionally goes awry. Before you flare up at another's faults, take the time to count ten of yours. I have endeavored to pass on the knowledge (and the mistakes) I have accumulated. My purpose is to instill a sense of success. Keep in mind that success is a marathon...not a sprint.

Someone once wrote that "Minds are like parachutes...they function only when open." So I'd advise each of us to seek, or render, advice with an open mind...cognizant of the fact that there are many solutions to a problem - not just your (or my) solution. It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I sincerely hope, over this past year, that we have had a small part in getting one person 'off the couch' and into the hobby. The hardest part of a job is getting started. The purpose of life is to matter...to have it make a difference that you live at all...by using whatever talents you may have to the very fullest...you would be amazed at how many talents you possess.

All the best my friends...keep 'em rolling!
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

jward

along the lines of jerry's post, even us old timers can and do learn something on this forum if we keep our minds open to what is being said.

it is also true that we are for the most part a rather civil group. this is the reason i hang out here instead of some of the other forums.

thanks to ym for pointing out what we sometimes forget.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA