News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

VILLAGE STREET CAR - DOES NOT REVERSE

Started by twojags, December 24, 2011, 08:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twojags

I have just unpacked my new Village Street Car Set and connected everything as per instructions as part of a Christmas Day display. The Street Car travels quite happily to the "bumper" end but then sits there and does not reverse at all. As it is Christmas Eve can anyone suggest a simple fix to persuade it to operate correctly?
I would be very grateful for a solution.

John

Jerrys HO

twojags-

Make sure you have the auto revering sections of track in proper order. Maybe you have them turned around or out of order.
I am not too familiar with the auto reversing set you have but read other post that suggested this and it fixed the problem.

Jerry

twojags

Thanks Jerry. I am sure that the track sections are connected in the right order. The final piece (at the end next to the bumper) has a tiny break in one rail which is presumably to isolate the street car while the polarity is reversed. I have seen another similar problem query where it appears that the direction is changed by a small magnet on the car but I cannot locate one at the moment so perhaps it was not fitted at the factory.

Cheers
John