News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command control Center

Started by undertaker4105, December 24, 2011, 12:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undertaker4105

Hello,
I am new to this site, but wish to say hello  to everyone.  I need help. My ez command control center is not running my trains. it turns them on, but they do not run.  Is it cheaper to buy a new unit than fix my current one?? Any  information would be great!!

richg

Check the programing manual in the Parts and Service section here. Sounds like the DCC voltage is on the track. You might have the incorrect loco number selected.
A few days ago, Jim Banner told us here how to reset the loco number back to #3.
Once the loco runs, change to the number you want.

Rich

mf5117

Are your locomotives DC or DCC . If your locomotives are DC ,  On the EZ commander by Bachmann address 10 is for DC locomotives . also make sure the red 2 wire cable is plugged into the terminal railer properly for the right polarity . If you also have Locomotive's that say they are DCC ready you will have to install a decoder

Jim Banner

Quote from: undertaker4105 on December 24, 2011, 12:11:16 PM
Hello,
My ez command control center is not running my trains. it turns them on, but they do not run.  Is it cheaper to buy a new unit than fix my current one??

Could you please add a little to that?
 - Did your E-Z Command ever run your trains or has it always been like this?
 - How do you tell that it turns them on?  By the noise?  Do lights come on?  Or??
  - Do your DCC locomotives have sound as well?
 - Did you buy your E-Z Command from a Bachmann dealer?

If you bought your E-Z Command from a Bachmann dealer, call Bachmann service to ask about warranty repair/replacement.

If you bought it used or from a non-dealer, let us know the answers to the above questions and we can try to help you with trouble shooting.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

bussy65

Hi,

I have ordered a "DCC On Board" 4-6-0 Locomotive. Do I need a "DCC" Transformer

or controller to operate this "Loco" or will my Spectrum controller work.

Thanks

Bucksco

Your analog  power pack will run your new loco in DC (analog) mode. If the locomotive is decoder equipped you will need a DCC command unit such as Bachmann's EZ Command.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1453
If it has a Bachmann decoder it is Dual Mode and will run in either mode straight out of the box.

bussy65

Thanks for the reply,

The catalog states that this item "Baldwin 4-6-0 item #28670"  is dual-mode NMRA-compliant

decorder, so I should be good to go. I'm new to this stuff, and I appreciate your patience and help.

Thanks Again

bussy65

New question,

Will the "E-Z Command Digital Command Control System" run "Analog Locomotives"

and the "Spectrum On30 Closed Street Car" and a "DCC equipped Locomotive"

at the same time on separate tracks, no switching. 4 trains total.

Lot's of stuff in that question.

Thanks again.

Jerrys HO

bussy

The E-Z Command will only run 1 analog on address 10. Yes it can run loco's on separate tracks as long as they are DCC. I run 4-5 on my layout at one time.
When running analog loco's on a DCC system do not let them sit idle as you will burn them up.DCC supply's constant voltage to the track's where DC only supply's it when you turn up the throttle. Watch running them for long periods as they will overheat also.

Jerry

jward

to clarify what jerry said above, the ez command has 1 address to control dc (analog) locomotives. this address will control any and all dc locomotives on the track at the time. turn up the speed control and they all move, hit the reverse switch they all change direction. there is no independent control of dc locomotives the way you can with dcc locomotives.

as for having dc locomotives on dcc power for long periods of time, the solution is to provide tracks to park them on, which can be isolated from the dcc power source via on-off switches. a good example of these isolated tracks would be the radial tracks clustered around a turntable.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

bussy65

Keep this thread going:

Can DC Locomotives be converted to DCC, if so, how so

and where??

Thanks again

Jim Banner

Quote from: bussy65 on December 31, 2011, 06:19:36 PM

Can DC Locomotives be converted to DCC, if so, how so and where??

Yes, by installing a DCC decoder which can read the digital signals and act upon them.  This can by done at your local hobby shop if they have a person that does this, or by one of several dealers that specialize in DCC products (Tony's Train Exchange comes to mind, http://www.tonystrains.com/ ) or you can do it in the comfort of your own home if you have or can learn the skills.  If there is a model railroad club in your area, there may be members willing to do this at very reasonable prices.  If none of that works, come up, over, or down here to Saskatoon and one of our club members will teach you.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

bussy65

I'm back!

I received my "on30 Baldwin 4-6-0" DCC equipped Locomotive and I ran it with 4 different power packs

on 2 separate track set-ups and the Locomotive has one speed--SLOW!! What am I missing

or doing wrong?? I am planning on keeping this thing simple using analog.

Thanks Again

Jack