News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

got my cars today

Started by sully14, July 16, 2007, 04:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sully14

Well, got the passenger cars today. Very pleased with them. Think that they may not be the scale size of the Norfolk & Western cars, but they will work for me. Couple of things I may alter, like take the skirts off the sides, and would like to make the windows on the observation car smaller. Will post pics when I am done with them. Oh yeah, got a BL-2 last week that is getting ready to go to the paint shop. Had the markings for it left on the sheet for the F unit (Chesapeake & Ohio), so I thought I would do up one of these. Sully

nscaler711

Have fun Detail/decaling your Bl2, and Pass. cars!
oh yea plz post pics!
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

sully14

Will do. Got the BL-2 primered and the yellow shot yesterday. Love working with AccuFlex paints. Not sure when I will start on the cars, but hope to soon. Will definitely post some pics. Sully

nscaler711

what is accuflex? is it enamel, acrylic or what?
How hard is it to paint a Bl2?
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard

sully14

Accuflex is an acrylic enamel. Very nice to paint with. I have done an HO caboose in red, and my N scale F-unit so far. Posted pics of the F unit a while back on here. As far as the dificulty of painting the BL-2, will have to tell you after it is done. Just have the yellow on it so far. Hope to mask and shoot the blue on Saturday. Sully

nscaler711

i was thinking that the BL2 would be hard b/c of all the stuff that has been applied to the shell.
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard

sully14

Well, got the blue on the engine Saturday. Only had a very little bleed through onto the yellow. As far as the stuff on the shell, I removed both horns, but probably don't really need to, as they are blue also. I just turned the shell over and use a pointed tool, it is a probe from an old science lab disecting kit, and pushed them out. The hand rails pulled out very carefully with tweezers. Next I need to do the lower portions of the side, just can't tell if they are silver or white. Will have some pics on Wednesday. Also got the paint mixed and one of my passenger cars painted. Sully

sully14

A note about the Accuflex paint. I do not think it is still in production. It was made by Badger Airbrush Company, but they do list a line called model flex. Looks like it is the same stuff. Hope this helps you out some. Sully

nscaler711

well that sucks about the accuflex paint that stuff would have helped me in some of the cars ive painted.
PVT Austin
MO Army National Guard

sully14

Check the Badger airbrush site. They have something called Modelflex.