News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mute Silverado, ideas?

Started by Ballistic4N6, December 26, 2011, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballistic4N6

Just recieved my new Silverado set, reviewed the video and paper instructions, assembled with no problems, new batteries in the tender and passenger cars, smoke switch "off", sounds switch "on" and cable connected to locomotive from tender.  Tender sound switch "on".
Runs and looks great, but no "sound".  RATS!  >:(

Double/triple checked everything, no fix.

Help!  I would love to have the sounds working!

Thanks guys (and gals)!

Ballistic4N6

Loco Bill Canelos

There are several  possibilities, one is that the 9 volt battery in the tender is reversed, or it is possible that the battery even if new is not good.

Try making sure the plug between  the tender and the loco is firmly in place

Try these first, if it does not help then get back to us!

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jon D. Miller

You can check to see if the "chuff" is working.  With the battery in place in the tender and the volume switch on the bottom of the tender turned on do the following.

Take a thin piece of wire.  Bend it into a "U" shape.  Insert the wire into the sound plug on the tender.  Each time the wire makes contact with the contacts in the plug you should hear a "chuff."  No "chuff" then the problem is in the tender.  If you get a "chuff" then the problem is in the locomotive.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Ballistic4N6

Thanks to all of your responses, I got my train to "talk" !  I was thinking about the battery issue before I saw the response from Loco.  We must be psychic?  But the battery was fine, swapped it anyway.  Then I "rejiggled" all of the switches and connections, and pow, it was chuffing!

You guys rock! Thanks from me and my wife who was as thrilled as I was!   :)

/Ballistic4N6