News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GP 30 and 35 Spectrum worm gear yokes

Started by trainforme, December 25, 2011, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainforme

May be beating on a dead horse about this but dose anyone know where to get worm gear yokes rather than having to buy complete trucks,or are the new trucks improved in this area that they are the way to go? I have several GP 30s and 35s and so far I have 2 with slipping yokes,OR is there a fix????

rogertra

First, I don't think anyone wants to get a "dose".   :)

Second, what do you mean by a worm gear "Yoke"?

richg

Quote from: trainforme on December 25, 2011, 09:09:30 PM
May be beating on a dead horse about this but dose anyone know where to get worm gear yokes rather than having to buy complete trucks,or are the new trucks improved in this area that they are the way to go? I have several GP 30s and 35s and so far I have 2 with slipping yokes,OR is there a fix????

A simple solution is to check the Parts department. There is a page for this or a phone call.

trainforme

To rogertra,I guess spell ck doesn't work either and the yoke is the part of the drive line that fits on the worm gear shaft that the drive shaft fits into...                        To richg,I've tried the parts dept.and was told to go to the parts page and there is the problem,they don't break down the drive trucks,and other than needing several yokes(as described above) my trucks are inn good working order. So any help is appreciated.

richg

Then it must be obvious, you have to buy the complete truck. You might find stuff on ebay.

Rich

bobwrgt

With yoke off superglue. You can also re-enforce with small wire around the outside and superglue. Then when you press back on Superglue to shaft.

Bob

richg

Clean all parts with alcohol first. Then super glue. There are some different consistencies of super glue. Almost like water  and up to gel consistency.
Sometimes a five minute epoxy can work. Take your time.
Rich

trainforme

Thanks for the info ,bobwrgt and richg...
Mike