News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need help with a Accurail kit

Started by Stephen Warrington, July 16, 2007, 10:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Warrington

Hi Guys,

I got several steam era IC car kits from accurail and if I follow the instructions and add the large fishbelly under frame then I have no room to mount the trucks IS this an error in the kit or am I missing something simple.

Thanks
Stephen

SteamGene

Stephen - look carefully.  There is a slight difference to each fishbelly.  Make sure you get them on the correct side.  If you do, they work fine.  If you don't; they don't.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

brad

There is different spacing  in the tabs that go into the floor on each fish belly plate, you may have them reversed so they wont seat all the way and stick up higher than they're supposed to preventing the trucks from fitting right. I've built over 40 and never had a problem. They are a tight fit.

brad
I drempt, I planned, I'm building

Stephen Warrington

:) Thanks guys for the advice,I give it a shot once I get over this summer cold. Just got phone service back yesterday after a major storm knocked out several of the major switch boards around the area.

Stephen

trainguy

take a flat file and taper all the mounting tabs slightly also remove some material from each end of the underframes so they will comfortably  fit between the truck bolsters

Ive built dozens of them with no problems

Hope this helps

lou

lanny

Stephen asked me to post this for him. Evidently, as of last night either his phone or his computer was on the 'fritz' so he was not able to read or resond to anything on the forum. Today he is undergoing eye surgery to help correct his eye problem. He wanted everyone to know why he wasn't answering eMails.

lanny nicolet for Stephen Warrington
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler