STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 01, 2020, 01:55:09 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Turntable for Sodor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Turntable for Sodor  (Read 8216 times)
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »

I attempted this and failed...the motor gets jammed in the gear of the turntable  Undecided
This wasn't because of that comment I posted was it?  Embarrassed
What comment? Lol I don't know which one you're referring to Smiley
Calebtrain

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »

I attempted this and failed...the motor gets jammed in the gear of the turntable  Undecided
I think he means this one ( Wink ):
I have a motorized turntable...... Smiley
No, not that one. A while back you posted a comment on one of my vidos saying "How did you motorize the turntable?" I tried to explain as best I could, but I wasn't sure if I explained clearly.  Undecided

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. Smiley
ThomasFan247

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »

No no, you explained it fine! The motor I tried using didn't work. The groves on the motor and the teeth on the turntable gear weren't in sync Tongue
Calebtrain

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »

Oh, okay! That's a releif! *phew*   Smiley The one I am using is one my hobby shop seller reccomended. Not sure which one, but I could ask him!

AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 04:44:37 AM »

I think he means this one ( Wink ):
I have a motorized turntable...... Smiley
No, not that one. A while back you posted a comment on one of my vidos saying "How did you motorize the turntable?" I tried to explain as best I could, but I wasn't sure if I explained clearly.  Undecided
Oh, ok then I'll just delete the post then no point in keeping it Tongue
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »

I think that it is manual because it is intended for kids. However, it can be successfully motorized if the motor is installed accurately.
jleight

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »

Agreed on the aiming at kids but there are a lot of parents and grandparents that are using these products and I think they should be offering a motorized version for those who want it. That would be an easy thing to offer since their motorized table will interchange with the manual one. The only issue is you have to buy both and that is a lot of extra expense that shouldn't be required. I got into this for my grandson and I plan to build a very nice Sodor Island layout. Still working on the details but I have everything that Bachmann has offered so far and preordered the new ones for this year. I just received my Tidmouth Sheds and an Expansion pack. I plan to add a couple more Expansions so I have a home for all of the appropriate locomotives. Now they need to come out with a Diesel Works so all the diesels have a place to rest as well as a shed for Toby. I can see this project growing leaps and bounds before it is all over. Anyone know of a good website or book that has pictures or diagrams of the buildings on Sodor? Scratch building of the buildings that Bachmann doesn't produce would be a possibility if they don't bring out models.
Calebtrain

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »

Good reference photos can be found on the Thomas and Friends wikia.  Smiley Toby's shed, could be built out of popsicle sticks, just cut off the round ends, paint and weather, and bam! A shed for Toby in no time! This is what I am doing. To find a reference photo, search "Arlesdale end". Hope this helps!

jleight

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »

Definitely some good photos on the site. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: