News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turntable for Sodor

Started by jleight, December 27, 2011, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleight

??? Is it possible to use the powered turntable made by Bachmann and add expansion sheds so that you can have a powered turntable for the Tidmouth Shed? They look similar in layout but I don't know if the molding is compatible. Would be a nice thought.

Bucksco

Great question! The Bachmann powered turntable will work with the Thomas and Friends Tidmouth sheds.

jleight

:D Yeah! I like that a lot better than the manual one. Time to order one and a few expansion sheds. Thanks.

jleight

??? Do I have to purchase a Manual Turntable to get the ends of the Tidmouth Shed? It looks like the expansion packs would only get me the interiors. How would I go about getting the complete shed?

RW James

A comment here - I contacted Bachmann about getting parts for my Knapford Station kit and I was told that they don't sell individual parts for their structures. So my guess would be that - yes - you have to buy the whole Tidmouth Shed complex to get what you need. Maybe you could ebay the manual turntable.
Rick

jleight

Hey Yardmaster! I think this is one for the product development team. You either need to sell a shed with the motorized turntable for Tidmouth or you need to make the shed parts available. It's senseless to buy the manual one just to get the shed. Thanks.

shining time

Quote from: jleight on January 01, 2012, 01:06:05 PM
Hey Yardmaster! I think this is one for the product development team. You either need to sell a shed with the motorized turntable for Tidmouth or you need to make the shed parts available. It's senseless to buy the manual one just to get the shed. Thanks.

i agree with u :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

Anthony P2

i emailed bachmann a while ago about the same subject or them selling a turntable motor w/ housing. Mr. Blaine replied that they would love to but it all depends on money, if they can sell X amount of them a year, and if they have room in the warehouse.

Henry The Green Engine

Anyone know how difficult it'd be to attach the Atlas turntable motor drive unit to the Bachmann Tidmouth Sheds turntable?
"Once an engine attached to a train
Was afraid of a few drops of rain-
-It went into a tunnel
And squeaked through its funnel
And never came out again."

ThomasFan247

I attempted this and failed...the motor gets jammed in the gear of the turntable  :-\

Calebtrain

I have a motorized turntable...... :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Henry The Green Engine

Does the Bachmann motorized turntable have the same track angles as that of the Tidmouth one?
"Once an engine attached to a train
Was afraid of a few drops of rain-
-It went into a tunnel
And squeaked through its funnel
And never came out again."

Calebtrain

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 03, 2012, 04:41:37 PM
I attempted this and failed...the motor gets jammed in the gear of the turntable  :-\
This wasn't because of that comment I posted was it?  :-[
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

jleight

It is my understanding that they are the same. If you want to purchase two turntables, Tidmouth manual and the motorized one, you can combine them and come up with a motorized version of the Tidmouth Shed. Now if Bachmann would just sell a motorized version of Tidmouth or the parts for the shed that could be added to the motorized turntable I think they would make a lot of people happy.  ;D

DuckFan45

I just plan to buy both tidmouth and motorized turntable w/ 2extra stalls im going to take the manual turntables little shed for the guy turning it and puting it on the motorized tt to make it look like a season 1 turntable