Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turntable for Sodor

Started by jleight, December 27, 2011, 04:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Calebtrain on March 04, 2012, 02:46:01 PM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 03, 2012, 04:41:37 PM
I attempted this and failed...the motor gets jammed in the gear of the turntable  :-\
This wasn't because of that comment I posted was it?  :-[
What comment? Lol I don't know which one you're referring to :)

Calebtrain

Quote from: AJW98Productions on March 08, 2012, 06:05:52 AM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 07, 2012, 09:59:40 PM
I attempted this and failed...the motor gets jammed in the gear of the turntable  :-\
I think he means this one ( ;) ):
Quote from: Calebtrain on March 03, 2012, 07:49:38 PM
I have a motorized turntable...... :)
No, not that one. A while back you posted a comment on one of my vidos saying "How did you motorize the turntable?" I tried to explain as best I could, but I wasn't sure if I explained clearly.  :-\
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

ThomasFan247

No no, you explained it fine! The motor I tried using didn't work. The groves on the motor and the teeth on the turntable gear weren't in sync :P

Calebtrain

Oh, okay! That's a releif! *phew*   :) The one I am using is one my hobby shop seller reccomended. Not sure which one, but I could ask him!

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Calebtrain on March 08, 2012, 08:29:30 AM
Quote from: AJW98Productions on March 08, 2012, 06:05:52 AM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 07, 2012, 09:59:40 PM
I think he means this one ( ;) ):
Quote from: Calebtrain on March 03, 2012, 07:49:38 PM
I have a motorized turntable...... :)
No, not that one. A while back you posted a comment on one of my vidos saying "How did you motorize the turntable?" I tried to explain as best I could, but I wasn't sure if I explained clearly.  :-\
Oh, ok then I'll just delete the post then no point in keeping it :P

JLK2707

I think that it is manual because it is intended for kids. However, it can be successfully motorized if the motor is installed accurately.

jleight

Agreed on the aiming at kids but there are a lot of parents and grandparents that are using these products and I think they should be offering a motorized version for those who want it. That would be an easy thing to offer since their motorized table will interchange with the manual one. The only issue is you have to buy both and that is a lot of extra expense that shouldn't be required. I got into this for my grandson and I plan to build a very nice Sodor Island layout. Still working on the details but I have everything that Bachmann has offered so far and preordered the new ones for this year. I just received my Tidmouth Sheds and an Expansion pack. I plan to add a couple more Expansions so I have a home for all of the appropriate locomotives. Now they need to come out with a Diesel Works so all the diesels have a place to rest as well as a shed for Toby. I can see this project growing leaps and bounds before it is all over. Anyone know of a good website or book that has pictures or diagrams of the buildings on Sodor? Scratch building of the buildings that Bachmann doesn't produce would be a possibility if they don't bring out models.

Calebtrain

Good reference photos can be found on the Thomas and Friends wikia.  :) Toby's shed, could be built out of popsicle sticks, just cut off the round ends, paint and weather, and bam! A shed for Toby in no time! This is what I am doing. To find a reference photo, search "Arlesdale end". Hope this helps!

jleight

Definitely some good photos on the site. Thanks.