News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney in HO

Started by jleight, December 27, 2011, 04:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleight

When is Bachmann going to produce an HO scale Forney?

Doneldon

jl-

I wouldn't look for it any time soon. Forneys are a special interest loco, even to the slim gaugers and geared loco enthusiasts. Bachmann is a corporation in the hobby to make money. There is no way they could pay the huge development costs for a new loco, especially one which wouldn't be easy to adapt to an existing chassis, and sell it at a cost that the relatively few potential buyers could afford while allowing the company to make a profit.
                                         -- D

jleight

They have covered about all of the other logging locos so the Forney would be the natural last item to add to the list. I can understand your point but I believe there is a market out there just waiting to see the Forney arrive. I know of a few close people that would just at the opportunity.

NWsteam

Quotewouldn't look for it any time soon. Forneys are a special interest loco, even to the slim gaugers and geared loco enthusiasts. Bachmann is a corporation in the hobby to make money. There is no way they could pay the huge development costs for a new loco, especially one which wouldn't be easy to adapt to an existing chassis, and sell it at a cost that the relatively few potential buyers could afford while allowing the company to make a profit.

This is one business model and I agree that Bachmann tends to follow it. However there are other business models were rarer locomotives do turn a profit. There are other companies that make trains this way and are still in business. All this to say: Bachmann may not make it…that doesn’t mean it won’t be made.

-Brad