Can anyone help with a Bachmann British question?

Started by nosamnod, December 28, 2011, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosamnod

Hi there,

This is really aimed at any users of Bachmann British 'OO' Scale who aremembers on the board.

I'm trying to establish the overall length of the Bachmann Class 105 2-car Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) train, also ditto for the 2-car Class 108 DMU, and if anyone knows it, the overall length of the forthcoming 'Derby Lightweight' DMU.

I appreciate you guys in the USA probably won't be able to help - but thought it worth asking anyway just in case, as there is no similar forum for Bachmann UK.

Thanks in hope,
Don Mason

rogertra

Have you tried Google?  At least for the lengths of the prototype(s)?  I'm sure the Bachmann models would be close.

on30gn15

Have a Facebook friend in UK who is able to supply at least this much info.

QuoteJoe B
I'll try and sort it out, should be able to calculate it allowing for couplings etc Prototype 105 bodies are 57' 6" long say 60' with the buffers each end so that's 2 x 60' which is 480mm in 00/ 4mm-ft scale plus an allowance for the centre coupling, the end ones will no doubt be removable. maybe the middle ones will as well so you should be able to fit KayDee's for more realistic joining and overall length.. !08's are the same length. Hope that this helps
about an hour ago ยท Like

QuoteJoe B
Digging back in a 1960's Ian Allan ABC I get the same length for the derby lightweights.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

Try going to Ehattons.com and find it there. They typically always have a picture of the engine in question next to a ruler.

nosamnod

That's brilliant guys - Thanks for all who answered. That's good enough and all I need to know......just planning platform lengths for my new layout (space is tight, as always) ...and that's more than near enough.

Thanks again - Don Mason