Battery Powered Lighting System not Working

Started by BillingsRR, December 29, 2011, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillingsRR

I am currently working on modifying an old Jackson and Sharp B&O Royal Blue observation car into a custom car for my own railroad. Before taking apart the car, I tested the old lighting system and discovered only one of the lights works. I was wondering if anyone new a way two replace the light bulb or find another to fix the issue.

Thanks!

Sleeping Bear

My suggestion is to go to a local hobby shop and pick up a piece of air plane fuel tube, disassemble your coach and push the tubing over the problem bulb and grasping the tubing as close to the bulb as possible, turn the bulb out and replace. Be sure to inspect all the wire(what there is of it) to make sure it is connected and doesn't look broken internally. If there isn't a hobby shop near by, a piece of small clear fuel line(like for a weed eater or chain saw) from a hard ware store or auto parts store should work in its place. I say clear because in my experience as a mechanic, it tends to be a bit stiffer and would be better for bulb removal........Hope this helps.....Later All.......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

BillingsRR

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the late reply.

paul24065

:) James I just recently retrofitted my Blue Comet cars with led's. Since you are going to be there anyway you may want to think about doing this. They're much easier on the batteries. I have been running mine for two months at least a couples hours a day and they show no sign of running down. There is a wide range of colors and intensity to suit your taste.