News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mantua Availability?

Started by Jake, July 17, 2007, 04:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Bojangle on July 18, 2007, 12:09:35 AM
By the way, this board is sponsored by Bachmann, so it is  not appropriate to elaborate on  links and prices for competitor's items.  I say that from experience.
We have a lot of "freedom of speech" here, but it can go "over the line". 
Bo

Umm, I can see what you are saying there, but bachmann doesn't even offer 2-6-6-2's anymore, nevermind in both tender & tank logging varieties. And I'm sure they do not mind because most people here are dedicated customers. And I'm sure if Bachmann had a problem with it, they would have said something by now.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Bojangle

Bachmann gives a lot of leeway regarding discussing other products, and I can see your viewpoint as well.  However, it is the posting of sources combined with posting of prices that is the problem.  If you give a link, the reader can determine the price, no need to post it here. 

The Bachman removed one of my threads for reasons mentioned above, so they have already "spoken".  It's just a reminder to not overdo it.

Bo

jsmvmd

Dear Mr. B, et al,

Sorry for posting the price. Did not think, ergo I erred. Perhaps that is why I have a size 12 mouth, from inserting foot.

Best Wishes,

Jack

Beatle (TrainBrain)

They don't come in Great Northern, do they. :-\

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Jake

They do, you just have to go to the Model Power website.
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

r.cprmier

Hey Bo;
I bet one or two of us are: ROFLMAO!!!

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Pacific Northern

Re: 2-6-6-2.

I am sidetracking a bit here, but I have a Spectrum 2-6-6-2 and wanted to acquire another and was advised that the units were no longer in production,  they seemed to be sold out most places I contacted.

As a result I came across the Mantua's 2-6-6-2 and picked up one of them, Very happy with the unit overall.  I would prefer the Spectrum (bias preference) but it still is a most acceptable unit. Good slow speed control, very smooth runner.

Having read how most of the owners of the Spectrum 2-6-6-2's had nothing but high praise for these engine, would anyone know if Bachmann will be re-releasing these units?

A final note, as a result of obtaining the 2-6-6-2 Mantua I later obtained the 2-6-6-2 tank version as well.

Pacific Northern

ryeguyisme

micro mark sells the articulateds for $80-90 so that compared to what it used to be is like awesome, I'm actually going to save money to buy another one for another one of my bashes

Bojangle

Rich:
I think my brain is fried from info overload.  I don't even understand some of the questions, it's like:  What!  I feel like the caveman in the Geico commercial.  Having an existential meltdown. Anyway glad to find another human with a sense of humor.  :D :D :D 
Bo

SteamGene

Look around.  The Spectrum USRA 2-6-6-2s are still available.  I just bought an undecoarated one which will soon be given a 16V tender and assigned a VT&P road number.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

I feel like the caveman in the Geico commercial.  Having an existential meltdown. Anyway glad to find another human with a sense of humor.

Bo; that may be my strongest point here...
Hey, by the way; I heard somewher that the "Caveman" is going to have his own show.  What have you heard?
It woud be pretty funny; premordial Don Rickels type sarcasm...emanating from a mouth with rather ponderously large dentures...

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Bojangle

Rich:
I heard the same thing.  He has become a very popular personality.  They have an entire cast, don't know what the "cavewoman" will look like.  I better clam up, not on topic. :D :D
Bo

Jake

When did this topic turn into the caveman discussion page? lol  :P
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

robman

Hi there from my side of the Pacific. I've been reading the discussion regarding the two artics anfd all I can add is that they are both great. I noticed that you wanted the lengths of the two locos in question so I shot down to my layout and here they are. The Mantua 2-6-6-2 and tender is  12 1/2" and the Bachman 2-6-6-2 and tender is 14 1/2" over the couplers. I propose to swing these two locos on a 16" T/T. I hope this is of some help. Cheers from Kiwiland, Rob.
P.S.  It looks like a small mproblem is rearing its ugly head with my Bachman 2-6-6-2. If I can't get to the bottom of it I'll post the the problem and pick your brains.
Modeling over there over here