News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

what ones do i need??

Started by gandy dancer#1, December 31, 2011, 02:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandy dancer#1

By the wayhappy new year everyone!!

Educate me please!! I have purchased 4 bachman sets from last christmas to the present 2011. All of them have thecouplers with springs,and i am not pleased with them Hate to say it but cheap, cheap.So advise please what best replacement inKadee?? Ihave loked at their lineup and being one eyed hard to  decipher. should i get the #5 or the #148????? I want to replace on all my equipment over time so some one tellme the bestfor my buck, already looked at the  sergents brand, nice, but i am no donald trump ;D
M.R.BURNS

jward

the 148 is easier to install than the number 5, which has a copper spring plate in addition to the coupler. the 148 has the centering spriing built into the coupler. either one will work as a drop in replacement for bachmann and many other types of cars and locomotives, but i've had better luck with the 148s.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

gandy dancer#1

Thank you jward,this has been bothering me somewhat, I want to do it right the first time and withlest amount of problems!! I have been reading posts on the subject here andother forums, and went to kadees web site and came away confused. So thanks for the help!!
M.R.BURNS