News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Deleting Posts

Started by JoeSantora, January 01, 2012, 09:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeSantora

So it's the policy here to delete posts that don't speak glowingly of Bachmann products or policies? (ie ultra dissapointing EM-1 sound)

thewvnetwork

Yes, they deleted one I had posted on about Western Maryland "Big Six" possibly coming to HO.  Apparently you're not allowed to have a difference of opinion from anyone else either...if there is the slightest hint of an argument, its deleted also.  Very communist-like.   :P

Jerrys HO

Bachmann reserves that right, and if you would have read the conduct policies we are asked not to bash competitors product's also. They will be removed also.
We on this forum try to help other's and share advice between each other. Like richg said you should do your homework before purchasing any product.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your loco.

Jerry

JoeSantora

Quote from: Jerrys HO on January 01, 2012, 09:13:58 PM
Like richg said you should do your homework before purchasing any product.

Jerry

Agreed. But here's the kick. Bachmann obviously doesn't want that info HERE so people CAN do their homework.

Doneldon

JoeS-

I have seen many negative comments about Bachmann products on this web site; I've made several myself. And I've seen a few, very few, deleted. In my experience, comments about product operation or appearance are almost always left on this site as long as they accurately describe a problem and seek advice about what to do. Those very few which have been deleted, again from my observation over several years, have been grossly exaggerated, nasty or just plain inappropriate. So a word to the wise: If you have a problem, describe it accurately, objectively, and fairly, and avoid carping, threats, name calling and dumping.

I, for one, am willing to live with such expectations in order to have access to the expertise and friendship which are so available here.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        -- D

Jerrys HO

QuoteI, for one, am willing to live with such expectations in order to have access to the expertise and friendship which are so available here.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        -- D

Well said as always.

richg

The post was really a rant. Previous research was not done before buying a product.
I have a copy I saved and the tone of the voice was very obvious.
I see this once in a while in other forums also when the person did not look into what she or he was buying.

Rich

JoeSantora

Quote from: richg on January 01, 2012, 11:51:18 PM
The post was really a rant. Previous research was not done before buying a product.
I have a copy I saved and the tone of the voice was very obvious.
I see this once in a while in other forums also when the person did not look into what she or he was buying.

Rich

I'm sorry Rich, but with all due respect, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I read everything that was available at the time. From mag reviews to Boards and individuals posts, to the Bachmann AND the Soundtraxx websites and the CV list was not made available until after alot of people ordered the boards.The fact is that the EM-1 board is the first Spectrum board that does not include the feature I most wanted. The 4-8-4, 2-6-6-4, 2-8-0, 4-8-2, 4-6-2, 2-10-0, and 2-10-2 ALL have DDE enabled.. There was no reason to not expect the EM-1 to have it. As for the tone of my voice, at least it's new.I don't copy and paste my put downs of other people. I've viewed many of your responses to peoples posts and the underlying theme is condescendance. Most of them are, as you would call them impolite"rants".
   I apologize in advance to and beg forgivness from all for my "rant" but ignorance/arrogance should not go unchallenged.

Desertdweller

My relatively short experience with this forum has shown me that Bachmann is not trying to bury criticism of their own or anybody else's product.  Items that give problems are not apt to be confined to one user, so if fixes for these problems can be shared, everyone benefits.

Myself and others have made multiple posts concerning, for instance, problems EZ Track switches sometimes have.  For every problem there is a solution.  The operation of my own switches has improved by implementing the fixes mentioned, and I have been able to come up with one or two of my own.  Ideas for improvements in operation that could be implemented in production have also been discussed here.

For Bachmann's part, they have consistently stood behind their products and warranty.

If you have a problem with a Bachmann, or anyone elses product, and have found an easy way to correct it, share it on this forum.

I've also posted fixes for what I think are common problems with Life-Like locomotives.  This does not mean I do not like their products.  They are very satisfactory performers, and any problems can be usually solved by simple troubleshooting.

If I run into a product that is a true piece of junk, one the manufacturer refuses to stand behind, I'll post about it.  But I'll give the manufacturer a chance to make it right first.  Bach-man can make the call to pull the post or not.

I think if we stick to constructive criticism, instead of emotional rants, we shouldn't have to worry.  I think Bachmann is doing a service to the whole hobby by maintaining this forum.

We should also keep in mind that N-scale equipment has been produced since the mid-1960's.  Many products produced back then do not compare well to recent products.  A few outstanding products from that early period are still serviceable today, the rest have fallen by the wayside, usually deservedly.  The same can be said of HO products from those years.

And, you need to be aware that in this hobby, you generally get what you pay for.  Don't expect a locomotive produced for a trainset that sells for $50 to equal one that sells individually for $150.

Les 

Desertdweller

Joe,

I wasn't addressing you directly in the above post.  I know you bought an expensive locomotive you are disappointed with.

If I were you, I'd return it for a refund, and explain why.  I think you'd either get a refund or credit.

Les

blf

Sorry to here about the disappointing sound boards. I have one ordered from my local hobby shop and won't stick them for it. WE can't cry over spilled milk, as the EM-1 is an increadable piece of equipment I enjoy very much. I'm a PRR rivet counter, and with a few additions, this is my first Bachmann loco and will be  one of my favorite engines. Had a Akani in the 60's and always regretted trading it for a Westside Big 6, even though they ran and looked great then. Now, is it possable to have soundtrax make the desired changes we all need, to make this one of the finest engines ever produced in this price range, and exchange our current boards with a little cash to correct a problem that is clearly not Bachmann's. We need to address this issue from this vantage point rather than keep hounding on what we all clearly feel is a major disappointment. I haven't heard the board in real life yet. and as always. the best sounds bad to me when played on Utube. The whistle at this point is the most disappointing for me, as I like to collect engines for there different sounding whistles. What do you think, is it possable to correct the current board or trade for a new version with some enumeration. Bill

Jerrys HO

Joe

Let's take a step back. Bachmann built a beautiful loco and from what I have seen on youtube it's a smooth runner. I think they done a superb job of building a model everyone was waiting for. NOW the kicker.
According to a post by the Yardmaster on Dec.28 the sound board was recorded by SoundTraxx. Would you not want to contact them and find out if maybe like blf stated if they could possibly upgrade the sound module or possibly do an exchange.
Personally I am no electronics guru but there maybe a chance these boards can be updated. Some how the sounds were programmed to the board maybe certain sounds can be added. Is it reprogramable? Does not hurt to inquire as I have read about some that can do that by downloading off of your PC.

Jerry

Bucksco

There is nothing mechanically wrong with the new EM-1. We are sorry that it does not contain a feature that you would have preferred but that does not make the product faulty. We are proud of this new locomotive as well as the quality sound work done by SoundTraxx. Bachmann does reserve the right to delete any post that we deem to be unacceptable. These tend to be postings that paint a product in a negative light based on subjectivity by the poster.

The EM-1 does not feature Dynamic Digital Exhaust. This is due to certain limitations in the design of the new Sound module. However, if you absolutely can't live without this feature you can pass on the sound module and install a full Tsunami Heavy Steam sound unit. This may frustrate some of you and we apologize, but we are striving to make a more economical product for the end consumer and at times certain sacrifices have to be made.

This thread is being locked so that it does not descend further down the negative path it has already taken.