News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

It works! Thank you, Bachmann!

Started by GoCanes, January 02, 2012, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoCanes

Doing a modular garage layout, using 32" x 80" interior doors for the benchwork, with a layer of 1" pink insulation foam on top.

Set up the first module, using the "World's Greatest Hobby" N scale track pack, and additional track and switches (Total of 8 switches on this module)

Ran a Bachmann GP50 and a GP40 with consists through a track test, and.....it works...GREAT!   Even ran a Spectrum big steam loco and tender through all the routes, without any problems.  Not a problem to be seen, at any speed, forward or reverse!

Very happy. Nice work, Bachmann!

Tonight, I will try Test number two, using  the power for the switches.

Used plastic rail joiners and a controller to have a passing track and the sidings seperately powered (my sidings convert to regular snap track, as I didn't want roadbed except for the mainlines)

Anyhoo, it works!   Now wish me luck  that all switches run fine remotely, and then it's time for phase 2: permanently affixing the track to the board!  

Yay!

BTW, I will post picks of my weathering and ballasting system for EZ track.  Looks pretty darn good and is quick and easy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:   7 for 7 on the remote switchces so far!  Had to stop before wiring the eighth to make it to watch football, but I'm confident in that last one working great!   YESSS!

Ken G Price

OK! Here is good luck!
Will be waiting for pictures. ;D
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/