News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hell on Wheels

Started by Terry Toenges, January 02, 2012, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

I take it no one knows how many episodes there have been this season before #304?

I watched 304, 305, 306 and 307 last night.  304 was about Elam and Bohannon going to the Indians for permission to harvest timber from their land for RR ties and they ended up playing Death Match Lax (lacrosse).
The Indian Chief looked like he was played by the same actor who was in Flags of our Fathers and a Navajo in Windtalkers.
Keep Calm and Carry On

rogertra

Awful show, historically inaccurate.  Just awful.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: jbrock27 on September 22, 2013, 08:42:06 PM
I take it no one knows how many episodes there have been this season before #304?

I watched 304, 305, 306 and 307 last night.  304 was about Elam and Bohannon going to the Indians for permission to harvest timber from their land for RR ties and they ended up playing Death Match Lax (lacrosse).
The Indian Chief looked like he was played by the same actor who was in Flags of our Fathers and a Navajo in Windtalkers.

The chief was played by Adam Beach.

M1FredQ

A lot of these shows  have great costumes,weaponry really good BUT like Roger above said historically way off or in  your face about a re-write of historical events.

jbrock27

I am not watching this show to check for historical accuracy, anymore than when I am watching The Walking Dead.  I am watching for entertainment.  If I am looking to watch TV for historical accuracy, I will watch The History Channel or Military Channel.  The Military Channel recently rated the top ten fighters of all time-anyone want to guess which one was #1 and which one was #7? ;D

Still looking for an answer to my original question as opposed to commentary about the show itself.  Thank you.
Keep Calm and Carry On

M1FredQ

I have given up on History Channel. Used to be pretty good not very many good historical shows like they used to. Military Channel is pretty good except when they run British productions that give the impression the British pretty much won the Second World War with a LITTLE help from the Yanks.

M1FredQ

Doneldon

Thanks for all the info!!! I loved Meigs Field.When I was an EMT I had befriended a couple Ambulence Helicopter Pilots and had the exciting chance to fly to Meigs a few times. Great airport, great people and the best coffee for an airport.I loved that place.

We live 50 miles from Chicago in Indiana I'll have to check to see if the Civil War Museam is at the Historical Society now.

Thanks

Doneldon

Fred-

Where in Indiana? I lived out in the country near Valparaiso when I was in grade school. It wasn't a farm, just a subdivision, but it was the best place to live as a child. We had creeks, woods, abandoned houses, farm fields, railroads and all kinds of stuff to explore. Of course, it's also a bit of a miracle that we lived through our childhoods there. Between catching cottonmouths, hopping freights and sledding across US30 we tempted fate more than a little. Still, in its own way it was as valuable a place to be a kid as Chicago was when I was a teen.
                                                                                                                                                       -- D

rogertra

Quote from: M1FredQ on September 23, 2013, 07:14:46 PM
I have given up on History Channel. Used to be pretty good not very many good historical shows like they used to. Military Channel is pretty good except when they run British productions that give the impression the British pretty much won the Second World War with a LITTLE help from the Yanks.

Whereas the American war movies and TV shows say the Americans won the war with no help.  ;)

It`s a joke, don`t nobody go getting get your knickers in knot.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: jbrock27 on September 23, 2013, 06:26:32 AM
Still looking for an answer to my original question as opposed to commentary about the show itself.  Thank you.

Yes, the chief was played by Adam Beach, who appeared in both those films:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0063440/?ref_=sr_1

Check his filmography.

Incidentally, if you're not familiar with IMDb, it's a great place to look up the answers to questions about who was in what. You can search by movie title or by actor's name.

jbrock27

Thank you JBJ, but that was not the question I was looking for an answer for.  I only mentioned the actor along with the episode details in order to give some background to first episode I was able to watch this year, to hopefully give some clues to someone who might be able to tell me what episodes I missed prior to that.  I am familiar with IMDb and Adam Beach, but thank you anyhow.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: jbrock27 on September 24, 2013, 01:24:03 PM
Thank you JBJ, but that was not the question I was looking for an answer for.  I only mentioned the actor along with the episode details in order to give some background to first episode I was able to watch this year, to hopefully give some clues to someone who might be able to tell me what episodes I missed prior to that.  I am familiar with IMDb and Adam Beach, but thank you anyhow.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your question, but you can probably still find what you're looking for by looking up the show at IMDb.

I really don't know from episode numbers, but I might guess that in that three-digit number, the first digit represents the season and the last digit represents the episode, so if you started with episode 304, you started with the fourth episode of season 3, so I'd guess maybe you missed three episodes. But I'm just theorizing.

Spoiler Alert:

I didn't watch from the beginning of this season because I was "annoyed" that they killed off Lily at the end of last season. On the other hand, I suppose there wasn't much left for her to do except to hang around as Bohannon's love interest. They might have sent her back East, or back to England, or something, instead of killing her off.  :(

I'll probably miss the finale of this season, as I'll be traveling the first weekend in October.

jbrock27

Thank you JBJ-what you say makes perfect sense-I probably started with #4.
Yea, I liked Lilly a lot too and was disappointed (with all concerned) but it is all part of the great story!  Even though I have not seen episodes 1-3 from this year, I think you would like them, bc clearly "you know who" is back.  I would now like to see the "how".

Perhaps you won't miss the finale if you have a cable box.  A lot of cable providers now allow you to search for programs that have already played that are saved (by them for you automatically).  This is different than DVR.  It is just a matter of looking up by network for different shows and you can play them back and blitz thru the commercials.  I have Time Warner Cable myself, but would imagine many providers provide for the same thing.  It is a memory feature the box must have in it.

Thank you again for the help.
Keep Calm and Carry On

rustycoupler

Yea, the History Channel is horrible now. Its the Pawn Stars channel now. What ever happened to Trains Unlimited ?

rogertra

Quote from: rustycoupler on September 24, 2013, 04:48:29 PM
Yea, the History Channel is horrible now. Its the Pawn Stars channel now. What ever happened to Trains Unlimited ?

And way too many of these stupid "pickers' shows, shooting crocs shows (just cruelty) etc., etc..