News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What's to come

Started by Ivo Hugh, January 02, 2012, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivo Hugh

What can we see for release in 2012 for the Thomas & Friends range? A lot of us want to see Duck, Oliver, and Toad for release this year, but can we truly expect them?
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

RW James

Bachmann has a couple of GWR 20 ton brake vans (aka toads) in the British range, and though Toad is only 16 tons they could probably be easily converted with the addition of a face.
Rick

Ivo Hugh

Yes, but I'd rather have the products made without needs of modification. Not to mention that things tend to be overpriced in a different country.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

Ivo Hugh

Well, I won't really expect Rosie or Stanley, as so far, Bachmann has only produced engines from Seasons 1-7. I do greatly expect Duck, and Oliver and Toad are likely for being Great Western, also adding on to their high demand. I really wish Bachmann would bring back the Red Express Coaches. I don't understand why they were discontinued.

Anthony P2

my guess is possibly Duck and Rosie. not sure about rolling stock cuz we didn't get any rolling stock last year. as for destinations, maybe a signal box or a famous station

Ivo Hugh

We have a signal box already though. And besides, we might expect a lot this year, giving it's the tenth anniversary of the Bachmann Thomas Range. As I said earlier though, Bachmann has only done engines from the classic series. (Season s 1-7)

PasqualeCS96

Duck the Great Western Engine.

That is all.

RW James

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on January 02, 2012, 05:20:08 PM
Yes, but I'd rather have the products made without needs of modification. Not to mention that things tend to be overpriced in a different country.
I understand - but First: I was referring to Bachmann's ability to easily make the modification. That's what they've done with the wagons. Second: There is a part of this hobby you might enjoy exploring - actually building something.
Rick

RW James

Quote from: Anthony P2 on January 02, 2012, 06:54:01 PM
...maybe a signal box or a famous station
I agree. Many of the structures marketed in the Thomas range, included the signal box are just repackaging from their American range.
Rick

Ivo Hugh

Quote from: RW James on January 02, 2012, 07:13:31 PM
Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on January 02, 2012, 05:20:08 PM
I understand - but First: I was referring to Bachmann's ability to easily make the modification. That's what they've done with the wagons. Second: There is a part of this hobby you might enjoy exploring - actually building something.

Well, in good time, I will explore the realm with repainting James' smoke box, wheels, and tender in their proper colors, and making Henry's Tender the right size. (Maybe even going for old shape Henry)

deviousdiesel10

I think that Duck is to come along this new year.It would be great to see him!Now to wait and see what we get.And i know many people may start ranting on me about this character,but it seems like Diesel 10 may have a small(maybe 45%) chance of being made.what with DOTD out now. :)

Ivo Hugh

Not sure how it would work with the moving eyes. Not to mention the moving claw. But perhaps if Diesel 10 is made, it will certainly surprise us.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: TheNewLittleEngine on January 03, 2012, 08:56:34 AM
Not sure how it would work with the moving eyes. Not to mention the moving claw. But perhaps if Diesel 10 is made, it will certainly surprise us.

I'm sure Bachmann could find a way to incorporate moving eyes in Diesel 10 if they made him. But regarding a moving claw, I agree with you on that one. In general though, like what many have stated before, I think that Duck is the most likely. However, we'll have to wait a little over a month to see what's in store.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Cheeky_ULP

Some of Bachmanns wagons are just repaints of their UK wagons, not all of them though. It's anyones bet if they would use a custom tooling for Toad or not.

As for 2012 engines, I really hope Duck is coming out this year. It'd be a joke if he didn't, especially with Bachmann just releasing Donald, Douglas, Bill, Ben, and Diesel.

deviousdiesel10

Plus Duck is #8,and I recall someone on this forum saying there was a gap between the numbers 7(Toby)and 9(Donald)and Duck would be the filler! ;D