News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EZmate Couplers

Started by Old Dragoon, January 05, 2012, 11:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dragoon

Can anyone tell me the correct part (item) number (780XX) for use on the Kinkade Christmas Express On30 Train cars? I believe it is one of these as it has a metal coil spring. Thank you!

railtwister

Most all of the Bachmann On30 equipment uses medium length EZ-Mate couplers. The current cars with the lower under frames and standard arch bar trucks use center shank couplers (sku #78025), while the camp cars and pulpwood cars using the low frame arch bar trucks use the under shank (sku #78028) couplers. The earlier run cars with the original higher under frames and standard arch bar trucks (and probably your set as well), use the over shank couplers (sku #78022). Look at the coupler from the side to see where the shank meets the head. On the over shank coupler, the shank will meet the head at the top of the coupler head, rather than at the center or bottom. The Mark II couplers are the ones with the coiled knuckle springs, and are numbered in the 78020 series. They are also available with short and long shanks, in all 3 offset configurations.

Bill in FL

Old Dragoon

Thanks, Bill.  Still a bit confusing for a neophyte!  I'm going to order the medium shank coiled spring couplers for my passenger and box cars (78022) if these are in available in the Mark II series.  Regards. Bill