News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

To all members of the board

Started by gandy dancer#1, December 24, 2011, 10:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandy dancer#1

First: Merry christmas to all and their families, And may many blessings be bestowed upon you!!
I got into this new and exciting hobby basically because of my grandson who is 3 and "TRAIN CRAZY" plus now being retired, time on my hands need something to keep my 61 yr old mind active and alive, and I am learning from get go this hobby will do that ;D I am also really getting into building my own track accesories from scratch, even though the old eyes aint what they used to be, got me a "BIG" magnifying glass with light :D ;D so good to go!! I love a challenge, and this hobbyis allthat!!
I hope I dont ask to many stupid questions along the way,and will try not to be a nuisance, I spend hrs each night reading all the pages of this board to learn as much as can so dont have to ask a lot of questions of the pro's who are here!! I thoroughly enjoy the reading and all the valuble knowledge I can gather from all of you. THANKS!!
M.R.BURNS

Jerrys HO

Merry Christmas to you also.
Welcome Aboard.
One tip I can give you is to try and keep related posts to one as it will be harder for you and me to keep up with which one to post on. I noticed a couple of the same post by you that is why I am bringing this up.

Jerry

gandy dancer#1

Thank YOU JERRY: Glad you see i am in learning stage and will take your advice!! MERRY CRISTMAS TO YOU!!
M.R.BURNS

Jim Banner

And Merry Christmas from a 68 year old guy who is still enjoying his FIRST childhood!

Read lots, but never hesitate to ask questions.  Remember - the only dumb questions are the ones that go unasked.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

mark4

Hello Gandy, I am new to this forum and your post was the first I read.  I just want to let you know a long time ago I was told by an instructor that "the only stupid question is the one not asked." so I guess we reserve the right to ask any legitimate questions because of my ignorance they will not be stupid.
Mark4

speeddemon5

nice to know how much you enjoy the hobby with your grandson gandy dancer!!! take it from me....no questions are 'stupid' questions...i think anyone here will agree to that!!! enjoy