with all the amtrak f40ph`s shouldn`t bachmann paint engines like metrolink ?

Started by erichthegerman, July 18, 2007, 11:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erichthegerman

i would think that bachmann would at least create engines like that . especially becuase they are historic workhorses. do you agree?

erichthegerman

i wuold like to hear your opinion ... thanx

erichthegerman

Guilford Guy

I think they may have just like when they did one in MBTA, but like the MBTA the demand wasn't there at the time and may still not be there. Besides, I believe kato makes them already.
Alex

erichthegerman

when did mbta come out ?????????????????????? ive never heard of mbta

(i just started modeling) explaines alot

erichthegerman

i believe athearn still makes it in f59phi but they look more sleek

i have the rail runner :)

GlennW

Yes, Bachmann should be able to do F40's for ALL the commuter trains. Problem is, they would also have to do commuter cars to go with them. Perhaps Bachmann could get them from ConCor & update them with new trucks & couplers.

I'd like to see Metra (chicago), Music City Star (Nashville), etc.

Conrail Quality

Given that Bachmann already has the tooling done, which is by far the most expensive part of any model manufacturing, I can't see a reason why Bachmann isn't making the F40 in as many roadnames as possible. Paint is cheap, and even a low demand would cover the cost of it. On that same note, if Walthers is on the ball, they should be making the ex-C&NW gallery cars available in Music City Star paint any time now (don't hold your breath, though). On another note, MBTA stands for Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority. On a third note, why does Bachmann make only one number for each Amtrak paint scheme? Amtrak rarely ran F40's singly, and one cannot make a decent-looking consist with two locomotives with the same number.
On a fourth note, will Bachmann ever release a corrected version of the Conrail E33? It won't cost that much, and it will certainly help their reputation recover a little from that horrendous mistake.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

Dr EMD

The marking on the commuter lines may be protected under copyright or trademark protection. So you just can't sell the commercial product with their logo unless you get their approval first.

It's like buying a Bachmann product and covering the Bachmann name on the box with "Saltburg Models" to sell.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)