News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas with steam

Started by Rollin Mayham, September 03, 2013, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollin Mayham

Is there by chance a way to add the steam functions to Thomas and all the other engines

Fergusfan17

Not that I know of... Try topkazfatt's channel, it has that stuff

Anthony P2

you can, but you would have to sacrifice the moving eye units.

thomasj219

I'd be willing to do that. Any tutorials?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Rollin Mayham

Well I guess I could make a one with steam and just buy another one for the moving eyes seriouse thinking may happen

jward

I would recommend against doing that. Smoke tends to condense on the metal rails on your track, meaning you have to clean them more often. with the black roadbed steel track, the problem is worse. and if you want to run dcc and smoke at the same time you will definitely run into problems as the dirty rails interfere with commands sent through the rails to the locomotive.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

thomasj219

I use HORNBY track so no roadbed and wouldn't mind a little bit of extra maintenance, all adds to the realism and fun. If anyone has tips I'd greatly appreciate it.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Calebtrain

Same here, I use a fog machine in my videos, and that adds a LOT more residue. Not much more labor I'd have to do. :P
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

ThomasFan247

I, like Calebtrain, use a fog machine for my videos, but with the way I've set everything up, there is little to no residue left behind. I'd love to add smoke generators to my locos (the extra maintenance isn't a problem with me), but in order for them to work properly I'd have to convert the models to DCC, and I really don't want to do that lol :P