flaking paint on Williams boxcar

Started by ronf528, November 09, 2011, 09:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronf528

I just purchased a new Williams Soo Line boxcar and the black paint on both ends is flaking off badly.  Some had already come off in the plastic bag the car comes in, but just running my fingernail lightly across the surface caused much more of the paint to come off.  The gray shell is very glossy and I'm thinking the surface just wasn't prepped right before painting, although the white paint on the sides seems to be fine.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same problems.  Thanks, Ron

SantaFe158

I'd send it back to Williams/Bachmann.  Probably still under warranty.

MAPA JCT

Careful! (1) Purchase MUST be from a bone fide WBB dealer.
2. RECEIPT must be also be from a bonfide WBB dealer.

Other wise, "warranty" repair will be done per se, but NOT free of charge. Also, repair must be submitted with in ONE year of purcahse date.

Hint: just think of ALL the ebay sales these days. Joe Shmoe selling his MINT GP9, never opened/sealed, and he's NOT a WBB dealer. If Mr Customer receives it, puts it on the track and does not run....to bad. Bachmann will not honor any warranty repair (free), even if less then one year old.

If you are skeptical about my information, pull out your warranty cards and READ it.

phillyreading

Quote from: MAPA JCT on November 18, 2011, 05:58:50 PM
Careful! (1) Purchase MUST be from a bone fide WBB dealer.
2. RECEIPT must be also be from a bonfide WBB dealer.

Other wise, "warranty" repair will be done per se, but NOT free of charge. Also, repair must be submitted with in ONE year of purcahse date.

Hint: just think of ALL the ebay sales these days. Joe Shmoe selling his MINT GP9, never opened/sealed, and he's NOT a WBB dealer. If Mr Customer receives it, puts it on the track and does not run....to bad. Bachmann will not honor any warranty repair (free), even if less then one year old.

If you are skeptical about my information, pull out your warranty cards and READ it.

I have a question on original Williams engines, per say, before Bachmann. What about the warrenty on these units, as I am under the impression that Williams had a lifetime warrenty, correct?

Lee F.

r0gruth

Yes the old original Williams warrenty was lifetime.But That company is gone.
Roger

phillyreading

Quote from: r0gruth on January 05, 2012, 11:42:44 PM
Yes the old original Williams warrenty was lifetime.But That company is gone.

What I am asking is, will Bachmann honor the Williams warrenty on stuff that is pre-Bachmann?

Lee F.