News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old Newbie

Started by lancasterprr, January 08, 2012, 04:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on January 12, 2012, 09:06:13 AM
I figured that about the engine. I can't readily get to a Boscov's myself, so last night I made arrangements for a "spy" to check out the set--if they still have it in the store he can get to--and report back to me.  ;D We'll see what he says.

My "spy" has reported back that he thinks the Liberty Bell car looks really nice.  :)

OTOH, I still doubt that I will pay full price of the set just to get that one car. Then again, there is probably no reason I can't construct a Liberty Bell car of my own. I have plenty of old-time flat cars; all I really need is an appropriately sized bell.

JerryB

There are lots of Liberty Bell models out there.

Here is a website that has them in various sizes and materials with prices ranging from $2.95 up to $80. The three sizes (small, medium & large) at the very top left would seem to fit into whatever scale one wanted. Corresponding prices for those three metal bells are $2.95, $9.95 & $12.00. Just click on the name (Example: "Small Liberty Bell") to get details on materials and size.

See: http://www.libertybellshop.com/liberty-bell-replicas.html

Hope this helps.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

lancasterprr

Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on January 13, 2012, 06:43:54 PM
Quote from: Johnson Bar Jeff on January 12, 2012, 09:06:13 AM
I figured that about the engine. I can't readily get to a Boscov's myself, so last night I made arrangements for a "spy" to check out the set--if they still have it in the store he can get to--and report back to me.  ;D We'll see what he says.

My "spy" has reported back that he thinks the Liberty Bell car looks really nice.  :)

OTOH, I still doubt that I will pay full price of the set just to get that one car. Then again, there is probably no reason I can't construct a Liberty Bell car of my own. I have plenty of old-time flat cars; all I really need is an appropriately sized bell.

Is it possible to get the parts (the Bell, or the entire car) from Bachmann? The reason I ask is because I cannot seem to find ANY HO scale Napolean (or other) style cannons to use as a memorial park display, and Bachmann has cannons in their "Civil War" sets. I would like to get the cannons without having to buy the entire set!

BTW...I did find that the proto car that carried the Bell was in fact a converted COACH...not a flat car. I guess they wanted a smoother ride for such a national treasure. The coach's walls were cut down to turn it into a display platform. Not sure how they protected the bell from the weather, though.

Ken G Price

lancasterprr,
Have you searched for table top war gaming models.
I know they are cannons for that era because I used to have lots of them.
Cannons, caissons, limbers,wagons, for my American Civil War gaming sets.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: JerryB on January 13, 2012, 07:38:06 PM
There are lots of Liberty Bell models out there.

Here is a website that has them in various sizes and materials with prices ranging from $2.95 up to $80. The three sizes (small, medium & large) at the very top left would seem to fit into whatever scale one wanted. Corresponding prices for those three metal bells are $2.95, $9.95 & $12.00. Just click on the name (Example: "Small Liberty Bell") to get details on materials and size.

See: http://www.libertybellshop.com/liberty-bell-replicas.html

Hope this helps.

Happy RRing,

Jerry

Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out.  :)