News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound for 4-4-0 outside frame model 28324?

Started by OahuRR_guy, January 08, 2012, 10:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OahuRR_guy

Just ventured into ON30 and bought my first DCC Bachmann loco, a 4-4-0 model 28324. I'd like to add sound to it. Any suggestions for a sound only DCC controller? I've seen the Digitrax SFX004 which is a plug in sound controller (plug in is what I prefer). Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

Steve Magee

Hi Bob

I would strongly suggest you consider a combined sound and motor controller like a Tsunami, QSI or even ESU Loksound Select. (I might have included a Zimo MX644 decoder in that list but the only one that I have installed, a 21-pin version into a 2-6-6-2 articulated, went "pffft" as the pre-packed factory smoke escaped, so am waiting on its replacement before commenting.)

That way you get the sound you want plus an appreciable improvement in motor control.

Steve Magee
Newcastle NSW Aust

kcsivils1

I used the Tsunami and it works well. I used the light narrow gauge locomotive version, don't recall the sku number.

pjf

MRC #1908 sounder only less than $40 on E-bay. I have 2 and 3 more others also MRC.  It works for me but I am happy with the basic steam sounds and my grand children are entertained.
Peter