News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Best Friend Model

Started by Pete Stabovitz, July 26, 2007, 06:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Stabovitz

Lionel is producing a limited edition model of the 1830 "Best Friend of Charleston" for sale only on their web site, www.lionel.com. It is 0-27 gauge, and consists of the engine, tender and one coach for $349.99, and an extra coach for $64.99. The Charleston Chapter National Railway Historical Society (CCNRHS) helped provide drawings to Lionel of the replica, measure the replica, and provide information about the history. Visit the CCNRHS website bestfriendofcharleston.org.

Pete

Stephen Warrington

What does Lionel has to do with Bachmann and  O scale Lionel is still over priced for my budget.

Why I collect HO and Large scale and boxed my old Lionel up years ago.

Stephen

Terry Toenges

Stephen,
What does Athearn, Lifelike, Model Power, etc. have to do with Bachmann?
I don't see you complaining when those companies are mentioned.
Or was your comment just meant to rag on other board users?
I have both Lionel and Bachmann on my layout.
Feel like a Mogul.

Stephen Warrington

Hi Terry,

Not to rag no one but when most of those other companies are mentioned most are asking for help and not advertising new products or showing kitbashes ect. Not Advertising new models with prices and links to other manufactors websites.

Stephen

Terry Toenges

If Bachmann made O-27 3 rail products, I could understand your concern, but they don't.
Mentioning the 3 rail stuff isn't going to affect Bachmann's sales. Especially since some "model railroaders" view the 3 rail stuff as toys.
Feel like a Mogul.