News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Royal Blue won't continue to run

Started by slo pok, January 08, 2012, 10:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry BBT

Slo pok,

If you will send it to me.  I am a hot rodder of sorts (and automotive, but in the past).

I build a repower kit (s) for Bachmann, but currently am working on a simple motor mount to rectify a "moving motor" problem.

This is not a solution to your problems.  But I will offer this to you: send me the loco, I will fix it.  I have a hundred or so Bachmann motors which will work in your loco.  I will also correct some other niggling problems, which may include a pickup improvement (which maybe your problem).  There will be no charge, you pay the shipping to me and I will pay the shipping back to you.

Further, I will turn it around to you with in a 5day work period.

Barry - BBT

6822 W. Villa St.
Phoenix, AZ 85043
There are no dumb questions.

slo pok

Mr. Barry,

Well I'm dumbfounded, to say the least. I knew there seemed to be some very nice people participating in this addiction - no, no, no, I mean hobby and yours is the most gracious offer one could extend, but I could not possibly accept your terms.

At minimum I must compensate for the shipping in both directions and then there is the question of your time..... Please keep that in mind and "Ole Blue" will be commin at cha tomorrow.

BTY, You like to fish and ever get out east?

Kindest Regards,
Carl "Slo-Pok" 

slo pok

For all you "smoke heads" that offered their kind support, thoughts and ideas, I've posted below a picture that proves I can get something right!

It too offers a lot of smoke, and I think ya'll may enjoy it.

It's not a train, but guaranteed to "haul the mail"...... Quickly.....

Please enjoy!

Sleeping Bear

What is that ....about a '32 or so....small block chevy ????   got a 500 horse Mopar monster in the garage waiting for a Donor rig....last question....The body......metal of fiberglass??......Later all .......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

slo pok

A few surprises here, for starters, it's a '31 Chevy Steel Body Coupe, I've chopped it 4". Channeled it 8", so it's low, real low.... The motor is a Big Block Chevy, started as a 454" and been bored and stroked to a 496". I've got Dart 320 heads, a "relevantly" mild Comp Cams cam, after all I do drive it on the street.

Now here is where it gets really neat, I've got a Bruno Transmission in it, A Bruno is a Lenco with a Powerglide pump in front of it, so there is no clutch, and the advantage of a convertor. The rear end is a well built mid '50's Chevy that's been narrowed, 23" between the tire's, and they're M/T's 33" X 28.50 X 15's mounted on 15 X15 Welds. There are a few fiberglass parts, like the hood, had to make that, couldn't find one long enough for all the stuff under it, and the rear fenders, same problem.

Yes, I've had it to the drag strip and on the Street M/T's (not much traction) did manage a 10.51 @ 131.

slo pok

Just an update for all the great "train guys" that have been following my dilemma with "Ole Blue" that was purchased as new on ebay, but in reality turned out to be old stock that had never moved...... Like for 15 years.....!

By following the ongoing trial and mostly error, I think you can realize this is a situation no one would like to be placed in. It also makes me think that having enough sense to fix things, but not necessarily the background experience on it,  can be more of a curse than a blessing. The experience will come with time, as it has for all that offered their much appreciated help and advice. A lot of you guys have "been there & done that".

Special thanks is offered to Barry's Big Trains for their most gracious offer of help. This is the kind of person that comes along and makes a new hobby a great experience, rather than one that is forgotten about with bad memories and discarded as a bad experience. This is the "go to" person when your in trouble or in need of an upgrade, a true Gentleman!

Once again, thanks to all & keep on "smokin"

Barry BBT

Carl,

Nice toy you've got there.  I did a lot of car stuff, but not that radical.  Mostly street and Mopar.

Thanks for the kind words, but it is done in the spirit of supporting the hobby.

Looking forward to receiving your loco.

I will let you know when it arrives.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.