E-Z Command Center doesn't control functions???

Started by ftherrmann, January 07, 2012, 06:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftherrmann

I have a factory Acela with DCC and a Northern 4-8-4 that I just installed a Bachmann DCC decoder in.  I also just received the E-Z Command Control center.   After reading up on the controller I tried out the Acela and was able to assign a new address to it and run it in both directions.  However when I place the E-Z in function mode I can't get the lights to turn on or react to any of the 10 buttons while in function mode.  My understanding is that f10 is supposed to turn the lights on and off. 

I also was able to assign an address to the Northern 4-8-4 and everything works except the light.  Basically the same results I'm getting with the Acela.

I then ran both the Acela and the Northern with the DC controller.  The lights worked fine on both.  Unless there is something I don't understand about function mode it seems as if the E-Z Command isn't sending out the function commands even though I know it's in function mode based on the fact that the selected engines address light is flashing.

Anyone have any suggestions or see anything that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Fred

Jerrys HO

When the function button is pressed the red light should be blinking. When blinking hit the f10 button and lights should come on as you probably know. I am thinking there is something wrong with your f10 button.

Jerry

ftherrmann

My thoughts exactly.. I'm calling Bachmann Monday..  The dimming function also doesn't work which I believe is f1. 

Thanks...

ftherrmann

Turns out that my DCC controller works after all...   Apparently dcc doesn't work with only a open section of track.  After I built up a closed loop of track it works fine.

seadowns

HI!

DCC works like DC as well on open tracks therefore it must be another source for the troubles.
I would bet it was just a feeding issue to the rails which was cured when you changed the track work.

Regards
Mathi