Thomas&Friends Ho&G scale Predictions 2012-2015

Started by TCTF, June 03, 2011, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivo Hugh

Quote from: Jamesis5 on June 06, 2011, 07:34:54 AM
Sparks-

If the engine was to large to go in a 4ft circle, the engine could not be used with Bachmann's 4ft curves. If the engine is say 4ft long, you are not going to get it on the 4ft curve. I am comparing the size of Gordon/Henry to the size of an AristoCraft Pacific or Bachmann K-27. Neither of those engines can run on 4 ft curves. I think their minimun radius is 6ft, possibly 8ft. If Bachmann wants all of their Thomas engines to run on their track and they think makeing Gordon and Henry is in the future, they have to make bigger track, or shrink the sizes of the engines down to  Bachmann 4-6-0 Annie. If Bachmann has larger curves than 4fters, I think they would be next in line, but since Bachman only has 4ft curves, I really don't see it a practical option. People who are new to the world of Large Scale trains and garden railroading won't catch that the larger engines won't fit on the 4ft curves. When I first started up again, I knew very little about the curves and which are best to use for what engine. I have a lot of 4ft curves and a dozen 4ft curves, my tank engines and smaller diesels look fine on them, but my Annies look a little akward going around the 4ft sections.

Chruchhill8F-

Have you ever seen a Bachmann K-27 or AristoCraft Pacific in person? They are very large engines, I could barely carry them they were so heavy and large. All in all they are about 3-4ft (looking back, 5ft was a little too large, they would be just about a foot shorter than I) long when put together and weigh quite a lot. They would be the size of Gordon/Henry. Gordon/Henry would not weight that much, but they would still be that long. Kids are good with smaller engines, not big engines, the size of Gordon and Henry.

LGB already makes coaches very similar to Emily's and have 3 axles. It has pretty much been done before, a long time berfore, Emily's coaches appeared in the Large Scale world. I'm not saying Bahcmann ripped of LGB, but 3 axle cars have been released before by other bands and have worked with little or no problems.

Actually, Bachmann now make curves larger than 4'. However, this track is made with brass rails. I think that we could see Gordon and Henry soon thanks to Backmann's newer track.
1. Skarloey, 2. Rheneas, 3. Sir Handel, 4. Peter Sam, 5. Rusty, 6. Duncan, 7. Ivo Hugh, 8. Duke, 9. Fred. I am a fan of the Skarloey Railway from The Railway Series.

BillingsRR

I actually heard about that and completely forgot to mention it. It is a huge step for Bachmann. If the price is right, it may end u[ in my backyard.