What type of cable is the "black interconnecting power cable"

Started by monkey88, January 10, 2012, 07:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey88

Hi Guys,

New to model railroading.  I recently purchased the Diesel Digital Commander box set and was given a Thomas the tank analogue train and DC powerpack (model #44212).   I understand from the instruction manual that I can connect the analogue DC powerpack to my DCC Digital Commander Cable through the use of a "black interconnecting power cable."  I don't have this cable so where can I get one or if does anyone have an idea what type/size of cable this is so I can go down to my local electronics shop to get one?  Thanks!

NarrowMinded

It's a black cord the has jacks that look like the one on the end of the feeder that plugs into the controller.

I did not see it in the accessory section, I believe they come in the accessory bag that comes with the EZ-Command.

NM-JEff

Jerrys HO

monkey

Before you hook anything up what is your intentions. The reason I ask is that if you only have these two sets there really is no reason to connect the two controllers. The EZ command controller can run 9 DCC loco's(addresses 1-9) and 1 analog(address10).
By hooking the DC controller to the EZ command all you will gain is another DCC address.(#10 becomes DCC address and you control the analog with the DC controller).
By putting the analog loco on the DCC track there are cautions to take. Most important do not leave the analog sitting on the DCC track as power is still going to the motor even parked. This will for sure burn it up. :(

Jerry

monkey88

Thanks Jerry,

The intention for hooking up the other controller is just so another friend could join me.   Would be nice to make use of the other controller that's all (I'll definitely not have that analogue rail on the line all the time).

NarrowMinded

Monkey,
You are on the right track, with your EZ-command you can use the "Black connecting cord to connect a standard DC Bachmann control to it.

DO NOT CONNECT THE POWER CORD OR ANYTHING ELSE TO THE STANDARD CONTROL. only the black cord between the two.

This allows you to run digital trains with the EZ COMMAND and control one DC train with the extra Dial.

NM-Jef