News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

SPECTRUM BALDWIN CONSOLIDATION 2-8-0 #11418

Started by WBRANDY300, January 10, 2012, 12:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WBRANDY300

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THIS LOCO.  I HAVE HAD IT SINCE BEFORE 2005

jonathan

Hope you don't take this as a kop out... What sort of info are you looking for?

The design of the Spectrum 2-8-0 hasn't changed since it was released.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H114X-IS001.PDF

The early ones were DCC ready with a dummy plug in the receptacle where a decoder is installed.  They came in a black box with foam packing.  They were also released in a set with three passenger cars.

The standard 2-8-0 of today is the same loco as the first ones.

Are you in need of maintenance or repair?

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,13232.0.html

The parts sold in the parts section will fit your older Connie.

If yours is a value question, a new Connie MSRP is $160, but can be had for half that if you shop around.

Some early models had a bearing issue:  the brass bearings on the worm axle sometimes didn't seat right in the motor frame, leading to early failure. Not a common problem, though.

What do you need to know?

Regards,

Jonathan

BillD53A

I own 50 of the old ones, without the DCC.  They are the best locomotives I ever owned.  Be careful when yuou seperate the loco from the tender; the wires pull out of the plugs easily.

rogertra

Quote from: WBRANDY300 on January 10, 2012, 12:17:09 PM
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THIS LOCO.  I HAVE HAD IT SINCE BEFORE 2005

Why are you shouting?

That's a vague question.  What info do you want?

Pacific Northern

Quote from: WBRANDY300 on January 10, 2012, 12:17:09 PM

Noting that you have included the Bachmann model number, you have the first edition DCC ready engine. Model 11418 is a RI locomotive

It is my understanding that as this engine has a bulb you will need to change out the bulb for a LED should you upgrade by adding a third party DCC decoder. I am not sure if that is the same should you use a Bachmann DCC decoder.
Pacific Northern