News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

new 2-6-0 - DCC ready - DCC plug

Started by Pacific Northern, January 09, 2012, 10:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Not sure if this has been asked before but is the new 2-6-0 DCC plug an 8 plug as were the Spectrum DCC ready locomotives or is it something different?
Pacific Northern

railtwister

Quote from: Pacific Northern on January 09, 2012, 10:32:03 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before but is the new 2-6-0 DCC plug an 8 plug as were the Spectrum DCC ready locomotives or is it something different?

An excellent question, since the information from both Bachmann & Walthers websites only states that the non-sound versions are DC, no mention is made of a plug, or of them being "DCC-ready". However, the Favorite Spot lists them in their ads on eBay as being "DCC-ready", but doesn't mention a plug either. In the past, the phrase "DCC-ready" has implied the presence of the familiar 8 pin NMRA style socket, making the loco "plug & play". I wonder if that nomenclature is changing with the advent of different types of plugs (6 pin, NMRA 8 pin, 9 pin JST, 21 pin, etc.).

Bill in FL

Pacific Northern

Is there no one on this forum who bought and received the non-sound version of the new 2-6-0? If they could open the tender on their engine and tell us what type of plug is there for DCC connection.

Or the Bachmann could tell us himself as to the plug type in their new 2-6-0 DCC ready locomotive.
Pacific Northern

Bucksco

The DCC ready version has an 8 pin plug.

railtwister

So it IS DCC-Ready then? Wow, that board sure looks pretty complex! Thanks for the info and the pic, Yardmaster! I guess it's now time to make up my mind about roadnames and place an order...

Bill in FL

richg

Quote from: railtwister on January 10, 2012, 04:23:52 PM
So it IS DCC-Ready then? Wow, that board sure looks pretty complex! Thanks for the info and the pic, Yardmaster! I guess it's now time to make up my mind about roadnames and place an order...

Bill in FL

Very nice photo.

A lot more components for a DCC ready version than I have seen before.
Looks like SMD inductors now.
I was surprised by the large electrolytic cap though. Me thinks they are filtering the DC for the two LED's.
I could not see any speaker connections but that will be revealed in the future.

Rich

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Yardmaster on January 10, 2012, 04:10:50 PM
The DCC ready version has an 8 pin plug.

Thanks, my question now answered, I just ordered 4 of these locomoitives.
Pacific Northern