Woo Hoo!! Just set up my set for the 1st time.....

Started by emjayw, January 10, 2012, 08:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjayw

I just have to say how pleased I am with my newly acquired "Durango & Silverton Passenger" set.  My grandson and I set it up this afternoon in a back room and we had a blast!  The engine is HUGE, much larger than the 1:20.3 Spectrum 4-4-0 I purchased off of Craigslist a week ago.  Don't get me wrong, that 4-4-0 (D&RG "Rito Alto") is a beauty, and it runs so quietly and smoothly.  It even puts up with the too-tight radius of the Durango set's track.  I am very pleased with the "chuffing" sound from the ten wheeler, but I sure wish it had a real "steam whistle" sound built in.  Now I've got to figure out how to get this whole thing up high around my home "playroom/music room".  I'm afraid that I'm hooked.  Large scale is the way to go for my old eyes and hands.  Thanks, Bach-Mann, for a fine product and thanks to The Favorite Spot, for the great price on the set.  Mike in Mansfield TX  ;D

NarrowMinded

G scale Loco's are fun, I set a temp one up in the living room with flatcars that my daughters and nephews load with toys and deliver to each other.

Nm-Jeff

If your the handy type you could install sound decoders and get a EZ-Comand to run them.

Barry BBT

For the long run you will need better track.  Wait for Bachmann's entry into the track business, but most importantly increase the diameter of the curves.  The trains will run better and last longer.  Ideally 8 ft diameter.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

on30gn15

Quote from: emjayw on January 10, 2012, 08:40:11 PMI'm afraid that I'm hooked. 
That's a risk you take every time  ;D If it is your thing, bigger also helps in adding details and stuff.
When all esle fials, go run trains
Screw the Rivets, I'm building for Atmosphere!
later, Forrest