how do I connect an accessory to the speed controller to the Deluxe Thomas HOset

Started by Robin B, January 07, 2012, 06:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin B

we just purchased the Deluxe Thomas with Annie and Clarabel HO Set which has a controller that has two yellow pegs in the back that are marked Accessories 16V AC but I cannot figure out how to attach the connectors that go to the additional lighthouse, that I also purchased. I don't want to pull too hard on the yellow pegs in case I ending up breaking something but I assume that is where you should connect the light house. Any advice? I can't seem to find any instructions regarding how to do so either.
Thank you,
Robin B

Jerrys HO

Robin

The newer power packs are designed to push the button in. When you push them in there will be two holes to slide your wire in then release the button.
That is if it's the same as the other packs. I will check in the product listing and let you know.

Jerry

Robin B

Thank you Jerry HO, I tried pushing in the yellow buttons but nothing seems to appear in which to insert the leads. The item number for the speed controller is #46604A, and the item number for the Thomas HO set is #00642, and what I am trying to connect is the Deluxe lighthouse, item number #45240, if that helps. There isn't anything in the directions that explains the yellow buttons on the controller but it does have printed 'Accessories 16V AC" above the yellow buttons. Curious. I hope we can figure this out because I would rather not buy a more complex controller for our boys, they just turned six and the speed controller with this set is easy for them to use.
Thanks for your help. Perhaps someone else out there recognizes my problem, now that I have better described it.
Many thanks.
Robin

Jerrys HO

Robin

This should be your controller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-BACHMANN-46604a-POWER-PACK-W-SPEED-CONTROLLER-BLUE-/160580124639#ht_500wt_692

If you notice there are two holes in the yellow buttons. You should be able to push them in and line up with the holes on the shaft coming out of the controller.

Jerry

Robin B

Thanks for your help, Jerry HOTthe connectors for the light house are two pronged on each of the two wires which was confusing me. I took it and the speed controller back to Kleins trains for a lesson and their suggestion was to cut off the connectors and get down to bare wire. Then your suggestions will work. I'll be doing that this weekend and all should be well.
Robin

Jerrys HO

I always say a picture is worth a thousand words, as anyone on this forum will also say. Here's proof and is probably the same question as yours.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,19449.0.html

I am glad you were able to solve your problem one way or another.

Jerry