News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Batteries

Started by KarenSue, April 09, 2016, 01:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarenSue

Could someone please tell me where the D batteries go in a Big Hauler engine?  I read they where in the engine but have been unable to figure out how to gain access to the compartment?

Thank you

Hunt

Only the Radio Control version uses batteries to power the locomotive.  In the cab, the back end of the boiler lifts up to reveal the battery compartment.  It holds 6 size D batteries.

Do  you have a working R/C transmitter to control the locomotive?

The R/C version locomotive is long out of production and there are no repair parts available from Bachmann

RkyGriz

Hi. I bought one a few weeks ago on Ebay. The electronics on it burnt up within 5 minutes of putting batteries in it and placing it on the rails to run.It didn't really matter as it didn't come with a transmitter and I only payed less than $24.00 for it anyway. So, I ripped out all of the electronics and connected the power directly to the motor. It now runs fine, in forward only, but will never be r/c again. There is a plug in the front of the battery compartment that converts the loco to run on a 7.2 volt battery. You can buy one on Ebay for about $9.00 and,if you don't already have an available 7.2 volt battery, you can buy one  with a basic charger for about $15.00 on Ebay as well. It's a good idea if you plan on running this loco more than once in awhile as these things eat batteries pretty quickly and you'll start saving money at the point where you'd be replacing the 6 D-cell batteries for the third time!
Just a thought. I hope that you have better luck with yours than I had with mine where the electronics are concerned.
Here's a link to the plug need to convert it over to a 7.2 volt battery:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bachmann-G-Scale-4-6-0-Steam-Locomotive-Battery-Power-Cable-/182005924526?hash=item2a606602ae:g:bcUAAOSwqu9VNikT

Good luck and have fun!
Later,
Andrew