News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track availability

Started by murfling, July 20, 2007, 09:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murfling

Does anybody know if the EZ traxck system is being discontinued?  A Lot of the suppliers are sold out, and some are only doing limited runs this fall. I was just wondering, because I love using the stuff.
Jonathan

Paul M.

They might be sold out just because it's doing so well. Anyway, I don' think it's being discontinued.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Jake

Yes I highly doubt it is being discontinued, track purchases basically boomed when EZ-Track came out becuase it was a great track for kids, notice how many people are doing the same thing.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

thoepf

I hope it's not being phased out.  Am setting up 3 tracks to run around the perimeter of a large room using EZ track.  Am using 22" radius curves for the inside track and am new to this hobby.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what radius to use on the middle and outside track using EZ track?  What is the largest size radius curve available in EZ track?  I appreciate any advice received.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Never fear! There are no plans at all to discontinue or cut back on EZ Track production or development.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ripvanwnkl

To thoepf: 

EZ track radius curves available: 
15"
18"
22"
26"
28"
33 1/4"
35 1/2" 

My grandson and I have repeatedly used them all to run tracks through as many as 4 rooms and hallways in our house in a variety of patterns over the past 3 years using EZ command and no extra feeder wires.   Grandma's tolerance for track underfoot is max 2 weeks at a time, then she likes the house track free for a couple of months.    Great fun! 

Dave
USAF (Retired)

murfling

I guess its just so popular that its not being made fast enough.  My main line runs around the perimeter of a room. Double tracked, indide loop is 33, and the outside loop is 35.  Use the crossover tracks on the straightaways, and the spacing is just about perfect!!!

My next project is in a 20x20 shed I built, which I will need LOTS of track for. I estimate it to be about 5 years before I can get all the trackwork done, much less anything else.  Maybe longer if this limited availability (for me, anyway) continues.

Thank you Bachmann.

Hey, any thoughts for a 3 way switch?