Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

donald and douglas nameplates

Started by dan-hornby, March 02, 2010, 06:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss

Quote from: StanierJack on May 29, 2010, 09:16:08 PM
Quote from: Hoss on May 29, 2010, 09:01:11 PM
you can always have nameplates, you just have to buy etched brass ones separate.

And they will never happen, if anyone made them HiT would jump on them like a ton of bricks. And etched brass plates for a toy? Think about it...  ::)

Not from Bachman, from a different company that you buy separate. Would be nice though if it was an option. But that's not going to happen. Health and safety regs. A mixed blessing.

StanierJack

Quote from: Hoss on May 29, 2010, 10:21:27 PM
Quote from: StanierJack on May 29, 2010, 09:16:08 PM
Quote from: Hoss on May 29, 2010, 09:01:11 PM
you can always have nameplates, you just have to buy etched brass ones separate.

And they will never happen, if anyone made them HiT would jump on them like a ton of bricks. And etched brass plates for a toy? Think about it...  ::)

Not from Bachman, from a different company that you buy separate. Would be nice though if it was an option. But that's not going to happen. Health and safety regs. A mixed blessing.

I was talking about other companies, they'd be treading on very uneasy legal ground, and HiT would be more than keen to clamp down on them.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Does HiT have the names "Donald" and "Douglas" trademarked? I don't think so. The trademarks are "Donald the Scottish Twin Engine" and "Douglas the Scottish Twin Engine". But the nameplates would merely say "Donald" and "Douglas", and so it would be HiT on shaky ground. It would be like suing for putting "Steve" or "Bob" on the plates.

Cheeky_ULP

Wonder why Disney didn't sue for the "Donald's Duck" episode...  ::)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Perhaps they liked the joke. Plus, it is merely a name reference. It's not like Dilly wore a sailor outfit and talked with a speech impediment.

PerfectPercy

All this over nameplates that will probably just fine on the engines when they are released? All I have to say is facepalm.

RBMN #425 Fan

Just Remember, donald's tender has a "9" and douglas "10", i know i will get them mixed up once i get them :D :D
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)