News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Warranty Repairs

Started by dkmoss, December 23, 2011, 10:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkmoss

I have not had much experience with Bachmann's lifetime warranty repairs.  I sent a pink girl's train steam engine in for repairs after smoke billowed out of it similar to an earlier post I saw on this message board.  When I sent the engine back, I received a post card back stating that they estimated that it would be 4 weeks for turn around.  It has now been more than 4 weeks which seems to be a long time even with the holidays.  I was hoping for it to be back to me brfore Christmas.

Has anybody had experience with warranty repairs?

THANKS

dkmoss

I tried to email Bachmann's customer service for help and they replied that I should call the repair department.  I tried calling the repair department today, but only got voice mail.  Have not received a call back from anyone.  

dkmoss

Still no news from Bachmann about the steam engine I sent in for repair.  Thought everyone on the forum would like to know the latest.
Haven't been able to get ahold of them by phone and they have not responded to the letter I mailed last Thursday.
Needless to say I am not happy with the repair department >:(

dkmoss

I guess the repair department has finally gotten to my item as my check for warranty work was finally cashed last Thursday, January 19.  Still waiting for the item back repaired and/or a response from the repair department.  Thanks for everyone looking at this post as I included the number of responses (it was only about 65 a couple of weeks ago) in my last letter to Bachmann's repair department.  I have even contacted the dealer I bought the engine from and he has emailed (January 19) someone he knows at Bachmann.  Still no response though.  THANKS :(

dkmoss

:) A new steam engine arrived today from Bachmann to replace the defective one.  :)
I must say that they do stand behind there limited lifetime warranty which is a lot better than any other producer of model trains.
I guess I just happened to hit their repair department at the wrong time and was therefore not patient enough which is not one of my strong suits.
Many thanks to the repair department. :) :) :)

tony@skippystrains

dkmoss, you may have hit them at a busy time.  I am fortunate enough to live about an hour away.  Each time I drop off a warranty repair, it is completed in a very favorable time period.  The Bachmann warranty or the service department has never failed to come through.

Tony Fortunato
Skippy's Train Shed
Tony Fortunato / Skippy's Train Shed

az2rail

I had to send in a ON30 engine for repair, and they told me it would be about four weeks. Four weeks later I had a new engine. It seems that four weeks is about normal.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

ejseider

I received a new 0-6-0 engine for Christmas, and had to send it in for warranty repairs.  The post office confirmed delivery on Jan 17.  I received a post card a week ago stating that the repair dept received it on Jan 24 and that it will take 8 weeks to repair it.  I guess that a lot of people received engines for Christmas that need repairs!

dkmoss

:oMy third cousin who is about 15 got a similar response post card from Bachmann about an N-scale engine he sent in that he got for Christmas that was broken in the box.  They also said it would be 8 weeks! :(

As you will note, I started this blog and even when they said by post card it would take 4 weeks to get the engine back, it took 8 weeks to get it back.  After all of the complaints about not getting things back in 4 weeks as they earlier were saying, they have taken the route of stating it will be 8 weeks for estimating purposes to get people off their case.