News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G scale K27 and sound decoder question

Started by trainman591, January 25, 2012, 07:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman591

G scale, K27 and Sound Decoder installation question: Can anyone please tell me if you must remove the DC Dummy Board when installing a sound decoder that is not a plug and play? ...or is the DC Dummy Board to remain plugged in? Thanks, I'd greatly appreciate any help. ???

UPDATE:
Hah! :o  Well, I finally tried both ways. Neither works. Now I'm gutting most or all of the stock electronics and/or (3) PC Boards and will run everything directly off the Zimo MX695KV Sound decoder. I was hoping I could do a simple install and all lights and the flicker box would work, but since that isn't possible, I may need to use a few resistors and extra wires along with more time to make all the functions work properly. No biggie. I hope others may find this helpful. I'm also installing the Proline Pulsed Smoke Generator, so the end result should be pretty cool. I'll make a video and come back to share in here.  ;D     

StanAmes

If you are installing a decoder in a K27, you should remove the dummy board.

There are several install documents on the Bachmann site.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/k27_2010.php?k27page=3

I would recommend ESU Decoder install as the closest to the Zimo decoder.  If the chuff does not work properly use chuff inversion resistor as shown on the QSI install

Stan Ames