Brushes and Springs for Track pickup on Passenger cars?

Started by Bohonk1, January 26, 2012, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bohonk1

Does anyone know what size brush and spring is required for Bachmann passenger cars?  Just need to know where to get them. The cars have the holders, just need brushes and springs can wire no problem. Thanks

Sleeping Bear

Depending on what power source you are using....you my be happier going with battery's and led's. They wont flicker, aren't affected by dirty track and don't make the noise or cause the drag that wheel pick ups can. Another thing to take into mind is your wheels.......most (if not all) Bachmann wheels have a pair of divot's(for lack of better terminology) drilled into the wheel right where the contact's would ride and unless you change out the wheel sets or do a really good job filling and smoothing the divot's, your going to eat up brushes. Do a search of this board, make sure to limit your search to the large scale board. I remember a post containing directions on making your own pickups from brass tube but at the moment I cant find it.             Hope this helps.....later all.....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"