News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Richmond 4-4-0 tender to Spectrum 4-6-0

Started by Steam is King, January 27, 2012, 10:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam is King

Hey Y'all,

Just like the title states. Will this combo work?

Thanks,

Manny

rogertra

Scan back looking for the gazillion posts on what to do if you want to swap tenders.  We discuss this all the time!

NevinW

I've done it.  This one works without any modifications at all.  Direct swap.  -  Nevin

Pacific Northern

Quote from: NevinW on January 28, 2012, 09:36:45 AM
I've done it.  This one works without any modifications at all.  Direct swap.  -  Nevin

Is this the low or high driver version? What is the roadname?
Pacific Northern

rogertra

Quote from: Pacific Northern on January 28, 2012, 03:57:07 PM

Doesn't matter!

Pacific Northern

Quote from: rogertra on January 28, 2012, 08:14:16 PM

Doesn't matter!

The 4-6-0 with the high drivers come with three different tenders while the low driver version comes with the one size tender.

If I remember correctly at least on of the high driver versions is wired differently, of course moving the wiring harness will work then.
Pacific Northern

rogertra

Quote from: Pacific Northern on January 28, 2012, 08:55:14 PM
Quote from: rogertra on January 28, 2012, 08:14:16 PM

Doesn't matter!

The 4-6-0 with the high drivers come with three different tenders while the low driver version comes with the one size tender.

If I remember correctly at least on of the high driver versions is wired differently, of course moving the wiring harness will work then.

I stand corrected.  I have undecs of both types and while I had them appart it didn't seem to matter which tender I used.  I didn't realise there were three types of tender.  As you imply, it's not the tender it's the circuit board that's important.  As we've discussed here a zillion times.