News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

suggestions

Started by bern22, March 22, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bern22

I received a Kincaid train set in Dec 2011.  It runs and looks great. The cars have HO tucks bu the scale of the cars is something else. What scale is it?
I'd like to buy something similar from the catalog.  I ordered an HO American 4-4-0 locomotive but it is not useful.  The pilot truck does not contact the rails and causes derailments. I am very dissappointed in it. Lastly, could you add a page in your catalog that shows the specs for different scales?  It wouod be helpful for newcomers like mysel to learn what LARGE  and ON30 mean when ordering trains?    Thanks. 

jonathan

Bern,

Sounds like your 'Kincaid' set is one of those 'collector' series, often found in non-train magazines.  The sets typically run on HO scale track, but the rolling stock size is something akin to O Scale.  They are not collectible, per say, as they don't increase in value with age.  That is a generalization.  There are exceptions I suppose.

If your 4-4-0 is a Bachmann product, and purchased from an authorized dealer, send it back.  Bachmann in very good at standing behind their products.  I have found the standard 4-4-0 (not Spectrum) does require a little tweaking to get running well.

If you check the F.A.Q.s on this board, there is a brief discussion about Scale and Gage, in the General Section.  It lists the sizes, as well as what narrow gage (On30) is all about.

Regards,

Jonathan