News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scale Hudson

Started by stationmaster12, September 30, 2011, 09:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hello,
I'm interested in the WBB Scale Hudson locomotive in NYC of-course! Will it run Lionel fastrack O36 curves and switches?
Thanks!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

SantaFe158

I know my Williams 773 does, it's got the smaller tender (like the ones the berkshires and 0-27 hudson's use).  I think the Scale Hudsons actually have a scale tender that might have a larger curve requirement, not sure though.

phillyreading

Quote from: stationmaster12 on September 30, 2011, 09:21:23 PM
Hello,
I'm interested in the WBB Scale Hudson locomotive in NYC of-course! Will it run Lionel fastrack O36 curves and switches?
Thanks!!

Not sure if the tender will like the Fastrack switches or not.
Try your Williams engine and tender on somebody else's layout that has the Fastrack switch you have a question about using. In the past I have had some problems with current production Lionel switches in O gauge track (6-23010) and Williams engines.
I would hate to see you waist money on a switch that don't work with Williams.

Lee F.

stationmaster12

Thanks! I'm working on getting a Hudson, Just don't know which one to get!
Keep God first in all that you do.

phillyreading

Not 100% positive on this but I was told that Lionel's 224E, and 2018 are a semi scale Hudson and the 773 is a full scale Hudson. Maybe you can use that to compare sizes.

Lee F.

Hi Stationmaster12,
              I have a #773 Williams by Bachman Hudson. It is a fine locomotive. Smooth running good puller. It is well balanced.
              I do not have any switches on the loop that I run this loco on. This rest of my layout is under construction. It navigates 031 tubular track with a substantial amount of cab over hang. No derailments.
              I would highly recommend this WbyB loco.

Enjoy...671

SantaFe158

Quote from: phillyreading on October 04, 2011, 08:48:04 AM
Quote from: stationmaster12 on September 30, 2011, 09:21:23 PM
Hello,
Thanks!!

Not sure if the tender will like the Fastrack switches or not.
Try your Williams engine and tender on somebody else's layout that has the Fastrack switch you have a question about using. In the past I have had some problems with current production Lionel switches in O gauge track (6-23010) and Williams engines.
I would hate to see you waist money on a switch that don't work with Williams.

Lee F.

Mine runs fine through my O-36 fastrack curves.  You can't go full speed through them, but it doesn't derail.

dannebank

I, too, am interested in buying the 773Hudson.  It is listed for 042 curves. I have a few  031 - 036 custom gargrave curves.  After viewing all the other replies,  it looks like it would probably negotiate my curves ok.  I'm  hoping for more  (and detailed)  feedback.  Is there any more  helpful info out there?    Dan

phillyreading

The Gargravess curve track is actually 32.25 inch diameter and Lionel tubular track is 31 inches, so Gargraves has a slightly wider curve and allows for less derailments because they curve is not as sharp. The Gargraves 042 curve is close to 43.5 inches in diameter.

Lee F.